• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM1616 released

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Does anyone know when the next batch is gonna be out?

Are they all gone? Nice. That just made mine look just a little bit nicer.

Lol... little details go a long way.

Airsupply

20/4/12
what improvements do you think there will be? apart from lume? because apart from that's its pretty damn near perfect

Possibly the logo on the strap, others mentioned the font weight on the DW, but I would live with those, the lume however is an issue

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Possibly the logo on the strap, others mentioned the font weight on the DW, but I would live with those, the lume however is an issue

font weight on the DW is correct, compared with gen, the rubber diver straps will never be as good as gen logo so a new version will not rectify that I'm afraid. The lume is only an issue in the pitch black or when you are under water in the dark lol, so who is ever going to see that really? and then who is going to know enough to know that its not quite right?. in normal light and normal use it is practically perfect.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
If you goal is to fool others into thinking it’s gen this watch will acomplish that. The problem is if you yourself cannot accept a certain flaw.

Airsupply

20/4/12
xartan why would you assume that I need to fool anyone? actually, I dont collect them for people I collect them for myself, you know what, speaking for myself, I dont get one just to tell the time, as a matter of fact I enjoy looking at it more than using it for time! turning the bezel is music to my ears, watching that chrono moves makes me feel that time is tangible thing and I can actually feel it!
As for the lume, superspark69 I don't dive often and certainly not that deep :) but you'd be surprised for how many times I charge the markers at night just to enjoy the beauty of the lume, I do truly enjoy each and every aspect of the piece on my wrist, , as for the 1616 it is certainly a great one and with a simple fix, it will be even greater! someone smart should pop now and tell me go buy a gen, well, even when you do, you can never stop adding more!) again it's a matter of perspective guys and everyone is in this hobby for a different reason.

Reactions: xartan

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
amer if you need to wait for the V2, then wait for the V2, although there has been no indication that VSF will do one, so you could be waiting for a very long time. Either do that or check another of the new PAM reps that will be more accurate to your requirements.

Hazing

9/5/19
I need a hand. Or some advice if anyone can advise on a technique for a little issue that I’m having. I slipped a Kain heritage strap on a 1616 which had 26mm tubes in it. I was able to get the springbars through the tubes or I may have put in narrower (thinner) set of springbars. But Where the tube fits between the lugs is perfectly snug and now I can reach in there with a remover to release the spring bar. I don’t want to just go clawing and burrowing in there with the springbar removal tool and scratch it all up. Is there something I’m not thinking of?

Know what I mean? Figured I’d ask here first. Please advise.

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
I need a hand. Or some advice if anyone can advise on a technique for a little issue that I’m having. I slipped a Kain heritage strap on a 1616 which had 26mm tubes in it. I was able to get the springbars through the tubes or I may have put in narrower (thinner) set of springbars. But Where the tube fits between the lugs is perfectly snug and now I can reach in there with a remover to release the spring bar. I don’t want to just go clawing and burrowing in there with the springbar removal tool and scratch it all up. Is there something I’m not thinking of?

Know what I mean? Figured I’d ask here first. Please advise.

AHHHH major mistake...... I have a feeling you will have to bend the tube and spring bar to get it out. but be careful not to damage the case. never fit tubes with a Carbotech!

Hazing

9/5/19
AHHHH major mistake...... I have a feeling you will have to bend the tube and spring bar to get it out. but be careful not to damage the case. never fit tubes with a Carbotech!

Yeah... I didn’t even think of it when I slipped a new strap on but I will say... I’m never going to make that mistake again. Lol. It’s like a perfect combination of not thinking, not really being sure what to look for and just all conditions on the watch being right. Or wrong. Depending on your perspective. Fuuuuuckkkkkk.
LoLoh no

thanks. On the bright side, now I have an excuse to buy a vice.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Yeah... I didn’t even think of it when I slipped a new strap on but I will say... I’m never going to make that mistake again. Lol. It’s like a perfect combination of not thinking, not really being sure what to look for and just all conditions on the watch being right. Or wrong. Depending on your perspective. Fuuuuuckkkkkk.
LoLoh no

thanks. On the bright side, now I have an excuse to buy a vice.

I don't think it would be easy bending a cylinder such as the tube and the springbar. At least without risking breaking the lugs. You may have to cut the tube/springbar off. That may cause a bit of damage to the strap but it would be the lesser of two evils. A watchmaker would know how to do this without damaging the watch, they should have customers who have done the same mistake in the past. Good luck!

Last edited:

Hazing

9/5/19
I don't think it would be easy bending a cylinder such as the tube and the springbar. At least without risking breaking the lugs. You may have to cut the tube/springbar off. That may cause a bit of damage to the strap but it would be the lesser of two evils. A watchmaker would know how to do this without damaging the watch, they should have customers who have done the same mistake in the past. Good luck!

Yeah. I’ve been checking out the situation and if I can hold the watch case still, maybe I can get a blade in there and carefully saw through. Like a hacksaw blade. A thin one... very carefully. One saw at a time. I believe I can protect the case enough to try. I think that might be my best bet. I’m going to check and see what happens. I’m not going to risk damaging the watch though.

to be honest, I’m not a huge fan of the strap so that wouldn’t be a big loss. I mean other than just tossing $100 + out the window but I probably wasn’t going to get much use out of it anyway because the color/leather doesn’t look in person as it did in the pics and 2) it’s really stiff. So that’s not a huge loss and just a whacky experience that I caused from putting something together without seeing it through. I’ll update with progress.

Hazing

9/5/19
superspark69mysterio I got it. After sacrificing the strap there wasn’t much to it.

I started off trying to salvage the strap (or planning to try to) but as I was digging for the tools I realized I was just being stubborn. I would have gone nuts possibly damaging a watch to save a strap I didn’t like so I just said fuck it. The rest was easy.

thank you.

Last edited:

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
superspark69mysterio I got it. After sacrificing the strap there wasn’t much to it.

I started off trying to salvage the strap (or planning to try to) but as I was digging for the tools I realized I was just being stubborn. I would have gone nuts possibly damaging a watch to save a strap I didn’t like so I just said fuck it. The rest was easy.

thank you.

Congratulations! So what did you use to cut off the springbar? :)