• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM1616 released

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
Just received today, I love it!!

VOtBOZ.jpg

VOtAoe.jpg

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
I wouldn't spend that on a rep strap.
depends on what you want, but you can buy the gen rubber strap from panerai for £120.00.
you can use the rep buckle, but in my experience, most rep straps are average at best, and some are only good for the rubbish bin....

But can you??

I tried to get a Gen B&R strap and they pretty much wanted to see the watch it was going on in person, or the serial number...

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
But can you??

I tried to get a Gen B&R strap and they pretty much wanted to see the watch it was going on in person, or the serial number...

Order it online. Or go to the boutique or AD with a different watch/no watch and ask for it. I've shopped for a few at the AD and they never said boo. Especially these days I guess that's not really an option so go to the Panerai website and get exactly what you want.

If that doesn't work have a concierge off the web site call you and say your significant other has a Panerai and you want to get them a strap for their birthday or whatever. In my experience, they'll bend over backwards to help you get what you want. It's not cheap but you can get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Member X

danitalia1

Known Member
12/8/15
I just got mine today!

Completly in love with the watch!

I had an issue to make it "run" as even when winding it up it did not started.

I was asked by the TD to (i know it sounds completly crazy) slap it, after i winded it for 60 turns.

After 2-3 slaps, the second marker started to turn.

Another question i actualy have, is your rotor also noisy ? i mean can you well hear it when it turns ?

Thank you
Buhtb.jpg
BuK5i.jpg

Last edited:

Hazing

9/5/19
I just got mine today!

Completly in love with the watch!

I had an issue to make it "run" as even when winding it up it did not started.

I was asked by the TD to (i know it sounds completly crazy) slap it, after i winded it for 60 turns.

After 2-3 slaps, the second marker started to turn.

Another question i actualy have, is your rotor also noisy ? i mean can you well hear it when it turns ?

Thank you
Buhtb.jpg
BuK5i.jpg
This isn't showing on tapa. I'll check it out on a browser in a bit but can you show us a Pic of the the watch lume please?

They used to have it slightly incorrect but I heard they may have fixed it. I'm curious. Can you post a Pic?

ETA: yeah, the rotors are pretty loud on many models. A little lubricant will help that a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: danitalia1

danitalia1

Known Member
12/8/15
This isn't showing on tapa. I'll check it out on a browser in a bit but can you show us a Pic of the the watch lume please?

They used to have it slightly incorrect but I heard they may have fixed it. I'm curious. Can you post a Pic?

ETA: yeah, the rotors are pretty loud on many models. A little lubricant will help that a bit.

I am sorry for the bad quality, but i tried my best to "charge" it with my iPhone LED xD As i am colorblind, you could tell me if it is right xD ?

Reactions: Hazing

Hazing

9/5/19
I am sorry for the bad quality, but i tried my best to "charge" it with my iPhone LED xD As i am colorblind, you could tell me if it is right xD ?
Awesome. Thanks brother.

Enjoy. You’ve got a great watch there.

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas

Here’s another couple for reference:

VXsFgX.jpg

VXsSmG.jpg

danitalia1

Known Member
12/8/15
Here’s another couple for reference:

VXsFgX.jpg

VXsSmG.jpg

Yeah looks pretty much the same for me! I am pretty happy with it! Maybe i will send it to a friend watchmaker to maybe have a look at the rotor, cause i find it is a bit noisy.

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
Yeah looks pretty much the same for me! I am pretty happy with it! Maybe i will send it to a friend watchmaker to maybe have a look at the rotor, cause i find it is a bit noisy.

I can hear the rotor on mine, but only if I flick my wrist and hold it closer to my head. Not sure how loud yours is, but my very first rep I didn’t buy from a TD and it couldn’t even be considered a replica it was so bad. Now that rotor, that fucker was loud. My wife was like wtf is that sound. I just hung my head low and told her it was the shit watch.

i don’t mind some rotor noise but if it’s pretty loud I’d send to service too.

danitalia1

Known Member
12/8/15
I can hear the rotor on mine, but only if I flick my wrist and hold it closer to my head. Not sure how loud yours is, but my very first rep I didn’t buy from a TD and it couldn’t even be considered a replica it was so bad. Now that rotor, that fucker was loud. My wife was like wtf is that sound. I just hung my head low and told her it was the shit watch.

i don’t mind some rotor noise but if it’s pretty loud I’d send to service too.

Well i cn assure that it is not that loud as you replica you said :p It is a bit loud yes but not that much :p

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
It’s tough to see in the dark but this looks like a 960.

Probably the dark. Here it is next to a 690 and 312.

pardon my laziness of not actually putting them in the watch case.

VXshoq.jpg

Last edited:

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Bought this new strap for the watch, looks amazing on it
WcOW1.jpg

Looks superb, I’ve ended up ordering a 1616 and would love to pair it up with that strap, but Panerai don’t sell it on their online boutique, well I can’t find it

Last edited:

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
Order it online. Or go to the boutique or AD with a different watch/no watch and ask for it. I've shopped for a few at the AD and they never said boo. Especially these days I guess that's not really an option so go to the Panerai website and get exactly what you want.

If that doesn't work have a concierge off the web site call you and say your significant other has a Panerai and you want to get them a strap for their birthday or whatever. In my experience, they'll bend over backwards to help you get what you want. It's not cheap but you can get it.

Thanks for your reply - I think the online option may be a good plan of action :)

Either that or send the other half in to an AD with instructions to point at the watch/strap that looks like what I want and play dumb :D lol

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
It looks like it. Moreover, breaking lug on gen, in the presence of a through hole, would not be easy, but on a non-matching rep holes it would be a typical situation.

SeaNettle

Looking Around
31/12/21
Anyone know where I can still get this watch everyone I've talked to can't get it currently.