• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

suggestions for a super replica 42mm

m221

Known Member
30/7/15
Hi guys,

I know the first answer, search, check the general discussion topic on super replicas etccc..

I am well aware with rolex offerings and AP. but don't know anything about panerai. I checked the super replicas for panerai but most of them aren't available at TD's and its hard to know sizes and models.

I have very small wrists and I am looking for anything that is considered a super replica or in other words as close as it comes to a gen , no preference for steel or gold or strap but should be 42mm and available at TDs

Last edited:

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
Let me ask you this, what's the likelihood someone in the room will know what type and model watch you're wearing and whether or not it's a gen or rep? All reps, regardless if they're super reps or not will have some type of flaw. I have gens and compared to the super reps, there are some tells.

My suggestion is look at all the 42s and if there's one that resonates with you, do a bit of research along with comparing pictures of the gen to the rep. What you should be more concerned is how it'll function when you're wearing it - is going to run fast / slow, does it make noise whenever I move, do any parts flip open or wobble, etc. Also look at some of the radiomirs, they wear smaller than you think due to the thin wire lugs.

Drummania

Renowned Member
8/6/12
The bigger problem with those 42mm pams is that they are uncomfortably thicker than gen.

m221

Known Member
30/7/15
The bigger problem with those 42mm pams is that they are uncomfortably thicker than gen.
All 42 replicas are thicker than their gens counterparts ?

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

hackkakid

18/1/19
Merica
All 42 replicas are thicker than their gens counterparts ?
Yes

Depends on the factory and model, how much so. The new ZF 1535 is roughly 15.8mm thick while its gen counterpart is 13.2mm thick. Closest so far for an automatic movement I have seen on a 42mm. While the case shape is slightly noticeable once you have done a side by side, 2.6mm is very hard to notice to the naked eye and or on the wrist.

Some of the models with the p2002 clone are really really thin and feel much closer to gen on the wrist, but they are noticeable thicker at 13.8 mm vs the gen being 10.5mm thick. I have the 574, 575, 677 which are all very nice and will slide under a cuff with ease but not nearly as thin as gen...