• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam Ceramic

Time87

Known Member
26/6/16
Hi!
with lots of panerai series, i don't really know how to different shape hence making my searching harder unlike rolex/ap etc..

As i already has a Pam 111, i'm looking for a dress watch which has a different taste such as panerai ceramic.
the only model i know is pam 505 hence tried to do my search.
So far, seem like VSF Pam 505 is recommended. Tried to search for comparison but to no avail.

other than Pam 505, would your have other recommendation which is close to gen?
Any link to comparision for VSF Pam 505 (those i found r old thread for kw and zf)

thanks in advance!

Last edited:

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Well a PAM386 is bigger than a PAM111 so if he's looking for something thinner (to wear under the cuff) then it would not fit (pun intended). As for 45mm ceramic PAMs, the best would be the PAM292, although the Noob and H-fac versions are no longer produced, other factory versions are slightly less in accuracy. The PAM613 looks nice. Ask the TDs for suggestions as to what is available.

ynnor01

Horology Curious
17/3/18
I received by mistake from one of ours td's a pam 292 ceramic case. I didn't want to bother about sending back so he gave the difference in money for me. It's a nice watch didn't like at first but it grown on me. The wire lugs are the only thing that kind of bugs me but it's a radiomir after all so it's part of the DNA.

Time87

Known Member
26/6/16
Well a PAM386 is bigger than a PAM111 so if he's looking for something thinner (to wear under the cuff) then it would not fit (pun intended). As for 45mm ceramic PAMs, the best would be the PAM292, although the Noob and H-fac versions are no longer produced, other factory versions are slightly less in accuracy. The PAM613 looks nice. Ask the TDs for suggestions as to what is available.

wow.. that pam 613 is nice. Actually the reason i like pam 505 is because of the brownish dial which pam 613 has it too.
but base on what u said, seem like pam 292 is a more accurate to gen model?

I'm always confuse on how panerai derive those 3 digits number...haha....

but then, thanks buddy for the intro!!

Time87

Known Member
26/6/16
I received by mistake from one of ours td's a pam 292 ceramic case. I didn't want to bother about sending back so he gave the difference in money for me. It's a nice watch didn't like at first but it grown on me. The wire lugs are the only thing that kind of bugs me but it's a radiomir after all so it's part of the DNA.

yeah, it's a nice model in my opinion.. but somewhat, those brownish dial captures me......

DeCrow

Known Member
6/9/16
There’s very few panerai’s you could consider a dress watch, and even less so in replica’s.

I’d go for the pam512. A had it for a few years and loved it ! Still large and thick for a dress watch but that’s as thin as you’re going to find.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk