• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM979 new release

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
Gen picture.
7fcb7347fc767195a3908edf93cce834.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Strange... the indexes at 12 o'clock are on the photo of the Panerai homepage but much closer together than on this photo...

https://imgur.com/yOpTdJm

yOpTdJm
yOpTdJm

Last edited:

Kolosovsky

Renowned Member
12/8/18
Just got mine.
Overall a great watch! Very balanced size vs weight. I like big watches but sometimes their weight makes them uncomfortable to wear.
The only one issue with this watch which can’t be assessed during the QC is let’s say very loose CG mechanism. Maybe anybody know how to fix it? Or the only way - try to buy the new one and replace?

wanny

Known Member
Patron
Certified
2/7/10

i noted that the markers do look greyish under certain lightings, even on the rep, hence there may be some confusion whether the marker color is accurate. I have compared mine to a gen as above. Seems like it correct

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
I‘ve had the gen. one on my wrist...

Markers are greyish, numbers on the rotating bezel are grey, bezel and case finish is more mat, dial has a more visible carbon structure, the overall feel of the watch is a lot different to the rep
one. Much more then the differences between the steel case models. It‘s hard to describe and not visible when comparing the pics.

There is definitely room to improve, but when comparing the prices I must admit that the factory in China has made a pretty good job.

I hope that the depreciation of the gen. one will accelerate when P**g launch this year new models, so that I can pick one up for a good price.
20.000 USD retail is just insane, 10.000 USD would be a more reasonable price :)

shaqstudio

Horology Curious
21/8/13
Anyone got photos of a PAM979 on the green rubber strap? :) Care to share?

I'm caught in between the two. I'm not convince the makers got the olive green color right on the PAM961.

shaqstudio

Horology Curious
21/8/13
Thanks mate! Yah I wouldn't like it too..
Gonna go with pam979 instead then..
is Puretime any good? Any issue with cc theft?

Skydrag

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/15
0736414e285c639e875e30ed083af232.jpg

Sold this beauty and manage to find 1 back. surely is a keeper now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk