• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM979 new release

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
I placed an order as well..
I thought I could wait for more feedback, reviews about it but gave up and finally decided to get it..
Overall it looks like a very nice rep, VSF have experience case related to PAM616 V3 and everything else look like very well done as well. For sure watching videos, looking at photos make us question if everything is as should be or close to what should be. We’ll know the answers when we get it in our hands.

Looking forward to you guys updating this thread or linking it to your reviews about this model..

Mine should be in my hands on Thursday next week ;)

Reactions: Rufctr2

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I raise your gen with my gen (picture I mean :lol: ). It really is dependent on the lighting conditions. Without a gen and rep side by side any opinion would simply be conjecture at this point.
mwrvja.png

:) :):):)

Hey wassuupp brother ? Not sure if you remember me I took a break from the rep scene for some years . I am glad you are still around managing the craziness!! :):):):)

yup I guess I will wait for a gen/rep comparo ;)

speak soon

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
:) :):):)

Hey wassuupp brother ? Not sure if you remember me I took a break from the rep scene for some years . I am glad you are still around managing the craziness!! :):):):)

yup I guess I will wait for a gen/rep comparo ;)

speak soon

Yes, of course I remember you. :)

Seagull poo. Thats the official line.

If you don't like it then don't buy. No need to call it names though.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Str1xt I have a hard time understanding your last two comments, can you please take your time and explain what you mean?

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19
Well, are you sitting comfortably.?
whilst at work today on the 22nd floor which will eventually be flats for coventry university students, I took 5 minutes out to look at the forums. I was reading that the colour of the lume couldn't be decided. At that moment a seagull dumped his meal all up the window I was looking out of. Now seeing as this watch has a nautical background and sea gulls frequent docks and the high seas, I compulsively posted that comment. I know, I know it was very daring and risqué, but I threw caution to the wind and did it whilst laughing my head off. I shall try and be more reserved in the future and not interfer with the finer points of lume colour palette. My apologies.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
whilst at work today on the 22nd floor which will eventually be flats for coventry university students, I took 5 minutes out to look at the forums. I was reading that the colour of the lume couldn't be decided. At that moment a seagull dumped his meal all up the window I was looking out of. Now seeing as this watch has a nautical background and sea gulls frequent docks and the high seas, I compulsively posted that comment. I know, I know it was very daring and risqué, but I threw caution to the wind and did it whilst laughing my head off. I shall try and be more reserved in the future and not interfer with the finer points of lume colour palette. My apologies.

Without your explanation, most people would have no idea what you were talking about. And even with the explanation, for some, myself included, it still would not have made sense. Not everyone has an idea of what seagull poop looks like. We don't have seagulls where I'm from, let alone have them paint the window with their poop.

Reactions: nalomb

eman3449

Horology Curious
25/8/16
I have seen the GEN at a pan store and the carbon pattern (carbon pieces) is slightly larger also more defined.

colorao01

10/3/10
Sold all first batch, in three or four days second batch, is being a sales success.

Last edited:

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
I noticed the case and crown guard are improved over the VSF 616, they now also have the triple layer colouring like the bezel.
2n204dh.jpg

qube99

Horology Curious
26/11/18
As much as I love the way this looks, it will look insane on my wrist. A 41mm Royal Oak is already big.

Aurasash

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/19
Love this 979 dial. If only the case is steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Love this 979 dial. If only the case is steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But then you would have a fantasy watch. If that's what you really want, I suppose you could:
1) Buy a steel sub (although none of the current series are steel, they are either titanium, or BMG Tech, which is also replaced by titanium in the reps)
2) Buy the PAM979.
3) Swap the dials out.

It'd be an expensive watch though, unless you can sell the other resulting fantasy sub for almost your purchase price.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
since you so eloquently defined the color I expect Pantone will name the color Pantone PAM979 Seagull Poo

Still searching for color seagull poop only comes up with "why is bird poop white?" So we are now back again to the original question of color. :lol:

Reactions: tkingjr

Randzzz

16/9/10

No need to apologize for not being funny. Many others have tried unsuccessfully as well, so you're not alone. Cheer up.

Reactions: BIONONE