• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM979 new release

hidden impact

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/1/12
yep already discussed, the first of the batch came with slightly bolder text
I saw the earlier photos but only a macro shot would really show how.well they are printed.

Was the bolder text better? Meaning, consistent printing?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hemaniaco

Known Member
21/10/19
Here's mine on gen strap, next to the 616
39-E2-F690-1-A42-475-C-A414-CBA81055147-F.jpg

you can see it's a bit slimmer, 979 is on the top:
20-E884-ED-4-F6-E-4073-8042-A53-D2485-A94-B.jpg

B9-FF6-D35-6-A33-4-E7-D-B542-C0905796-F88-D.jpg

What is the correct then? I love both but ill go for the correct one

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
Is there a new batch of the 979 out now?
If not, any idea when the 979 will be available again?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Is there a new batch of the 979 out now?
If not, any idea when the 979 will be available again?

Did the TDs say it was out of stock? If so, did you ask them when the watch was going to be back? Nobody else here would be able to ask the factory regarding production of a new batch (if it indeed has stopped production).

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
Did the TDs say it was out of stock? If so, did you ask them when the watch was going to be back? Nobody else here would be able to ask the factory regarding production of a new batch (if it indeed has stopped production).

Was told from different TD“s that the 979 is out of stock, nobody could tell me when the factories will start a second batch. The best estimate was „ back in stock in some weeks“, but sounded fishy to me as they asked me to place an order and pay for it in advance, which I kindly refused to do.

Last edited:

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Was told from different TD“s that the 979 is out of stock, nobody could tell me whenthe factories will start a second batch. The best estimate was „ back in stock in some weeks“, but sounded fishy to me as they asked me to place an order and pay for it in advance, which I kindly refused to do.

If TDs can't tell you, then everybody else can't either. Nobody here is in direct contact with the factories. If you don't trust the TDs, then don't pay in advance and order when it is available. But you would need to ask them every few weeks.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
What is the correct then? I love both but ill go for the correct one

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Even gens can have variations in shape and size from models within the same lines. I was talking to a guy who owns all gen Panerai and was showing me the 382 and 671 and discussing the difference in the case. It’s subtle (671 maybe 1mm thinner) but there and thus had a different wrist presence. It’s not just a dial.

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
Gen picture.
7fcb7347fc767195a3908edf93cce834.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

So, indices dots are slightly larger and distance between the 12 hour markers is slightly wider.
Still can't figure out if the color of the hands and indices are white or greyish.

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
So, indices dots are slightly larger and distance between the 12 hour markers is slightly wider.
Still can't figure out if the color of the hands and indices are white or greyish.

The Gen is greyish, tried it on in the AD. The rep is too light.

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
The Gen is greyish, tried it on in the AD. The rep is too light.

Thanks for the clarification. I love the white indices, plenty of bold strap combinations are working with the case and the white indices.
However, need to see and feel a gen one to figure out if I'll open my wallet and go for a gen. one.
I feel a bad itch to do some x-mas shopping :)

MacPhlea

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/2/19
I just received a QC on one of these which I had to reject - all the bezel markers were misaligned by 5 degrees clockwise (almost like the bezel was off Centre when they put them in. The 6 marker was misaligned by 3degrees clockwise and the 12 marker was off Centre - when looking at the Picture it felt like I’d had 8 pints of beer !!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I just received a QC on one of these which I had to reject - all the bezel markers were misaligned by 5 degrees clockwise (almost like the bezel was off Centre when they put them in. The 6 marker was misaligned by 3degrees clockwise and the 12 marker was off Centre - when looking at the Picture it felt like I’d had 8 pints of beer !!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Pictures would be helpful as your description is confusing. Claiming 5 degrees misalignment when a minute on the bezel is 6 degrees.