• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM979 new release

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
What is the complaint about? The angle of the layers? If so, that looks the same as Gen to me.

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
I love this peice..

7fe10911e803de737dcb4386574f0569.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: BIONONE

GingerBubba

24/10/17
I love this peice..

7fe10911e803de737dcb4386574f0569.jpg

Nice shot! I totally agree though, it's awesome. It has incredible wrist presence, yet it's comfy and lightweight and has a gorgeous dial and bezel that's different depending on the light. Awesome! I'm wearing this watch for more days consecutively than I think I've ever worn another rep for. Did I mention it's awesome?

Reactions: Rufctr2

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
Nice shot! I totally agree though, it's awesome. It has incredible wrist presence, yet it's comfy and lightweight and has a gorgeous dial and bezel that's different depending on the light. Awesome! I'm wearing this watch for more days consecutively than I think I've ever worn another rep for. Did I mention it's awesome?
Me too. Since Arrived never took it off.
During day and night.. during sleep.. during showers..

I think I am married to this one ????

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
That’s amazing since this is the only watch I wear since the day I got it.

Souzouteki

Horology Curious
29/12/18
Haha I'm in love with mine as well. I've been wearing pretty much only this one since I got it now. Kinda addicted!

David_T

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/12/17
Love this!

Does anyone know when there will be new stock? I have read that there is no longer

garaged

Known Member
17/4/17
I'm torn between waiting for the 961 or hitting up every TD and begging them to find one in stock

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
I received mine a few days ago...

Great great watch but unfortunately way too big for my 16,5 cm wrist...

But it's definitely the best carbotech rep I've ever had.. M.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

GingerBubba

24/10/17
“LOOK AT ME MOTHERFUCKERS"!!!!

Is what your watch is screaming - I like it!

Zkebam

13/8/12
This is a liquid hobby. A watch I love today might be replaced by something else in just a few weeks time. I’m currently “off” Rolex and deep into Panerai. The PAM's got me hooked. I just must have this one!!

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
V2 please! :D

Gen photo/grey lume markers

hidden impact

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/1/12
i just fell in love with this watch. i'm a sucker for carbon, so i wasn't surprised :)

I picked it up from another member here (THANK YOU). i've got to say it really doesn't bother me since i just love the carbon case and how they made this watch, but are the printed text fonts on your watches just as "sloppy" as others? ok, they are not BAD, per say, but the dial is a rough texture, so i can see how difficult it would be to create perfect printed text.

also, just out of curiosity, does the gen also only change date via the hour marker or is there an independent date advance along with the hour hand?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
i just fell in love with this watch. i'm a sucker for carbon, so i wasn't surprised :)

I picked it up from another member here (THANK YOU). i've got to say it really doesn't bother me since i just love the carbon case and how they made this watch, but are the printed text fonts on your watches just as "sloppy" as others? ok, they are not BAD, per say, but the dial is a rough texture, so i can see how difficult it would be to create perfect printed text.

also, just out of curiosity, does the gen also only change date via the hour marker or is there an independent date advance along with the hour hand?

The gen uses a P.9010, which shares the functions of the P.9000, which is independent hour hand adjustment. The hour hand movement is also the means to adjust the date, there is no exclusive date change function.