• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Broken strap bar retaining screw in Radiomir

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Bought a watch on M2M a couple of months ago - 288. The watch came and had a couple of screws where the screw head had sheared off so couldn't remove them (messaged seller who has since vanished as it wasn't described as this), I've managed to change the strap any how but would like to solve this issue for the future. Anyone any ideas how to remove these screws without damage to the watch?.

The screws in question are the ones that hold the strap bars in place to the case, the little fiddly ones :(

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
A watchmaker should be able to remove it, I would guess. I've seen a Bergeon tool used for extracting screws but of course that's quite an investment for something that you might likely only use this time.

Luciano Castro

Known Member
10/2/15
I had the same issue on my kw 384. My watchsmith did the job for me. It s safer ????

Enviado do meu COL-L29 através do Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I had the same issue on my kw 384. My watchsmith did the job for me. It s safer ????

Enviado do meu COL-L29 através do Tapatalk

Safer (since they have experience and technical expertise) and more economical (compared to buying the tools).

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Bought a watch on M2M a couple of months ago - 288. The watch came and had a couple of screws where the screw head had sheared off so couldn't remove them (messaged seller who has since vanished as it wasn't described as this), I've managed to change the strap any how but would like to solve this issue for the future. Anyone any ideas how to remove these screws without damage to the watch?.

The screws in question are the ones that hold the strap bars in place to the case, the little fiddly ones :(

sorry to hear that mate, seems a sport these days to sell misdescribed watches...happened to me a few weeks ago, the scammer is still here.