• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Alternative to PAM 111

Pippo9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/16
Quick update. Finally got some Noob v4 QC pics through but rejected as I asked for rubber strap and this was the brown leather strap.

Basically I've paid for noob v4 on rubber and also separate brown asso strap to go with it. TD is telling me they have no idea when the rubber will be in stock.

Having waited over 3 months to get to this point, I'm wondering what is best to do:

1. Go with the brown leather and brown asso so I can finally get the watch (and pick up a rubber strap later).

2. Wait until the rubber is in stock (no tineline) and get the watch with rubber and brown asso.

What do people think? How easy is it to get a decent PAM rubber strap later?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Weird mine came in the black rubber as I had ordered a while ago.

Last edited:

platiinum

Horology Curious
11/6/19
Hi guys im currently watching the PAM111 noob V4 and they are selling as "M" "N" and "P" watches. Do you know if there is any difference between them as all are noob V4? aside from the different letter on the caseback. Thankfull for reply! cheers

platiinum

Horology Curious
11/6/19
They also sell with different straps. The P (noob v4) for example have rubber strap as the N (noob v4) have leather strap. Seems a bit wierd to me. Sorry forgot to put it on my last reply. This is puretime

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
There is no difference between series. Some might think a later series means they're getting a V4, which isn't mostly true. The different strap options are just that, options. It depends on you what type of band you want to order with the watch, it doesn't change the price. But I'd stick to either the rubber or the Assolutamente strap choices. The others are like cardboard.

Reactions: AlphaProt

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
They also sell with different straps. The P (noob v4) for example have rubber strap as the N (noob v4) have leather strap. Seems a bit wierd to me. Sorry forgot to put it on my last reply. This is puretime

Like Mysterio said, most of the rep leather is crap.

I’d get the rubber strap and then an aftermarket real leather strap, if you keep it the same dimensions 24/22 then you can use the same rep buckle and tubes.

Andrea Martu makes some nice and reasonable straps too just tell her 24/22 and your length 115/75 is the typical assolumente length:

https://www.martuleather.com/store/p66/Vintage_Brown_Leather_Watch_Strap.html

https://www.martuleather.com/store/p192/"74"_Homage_Hand_dyed_watch_strap_ref._m1611-74.html

Last edited:

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
I agree.. after owning a fews rep leather straps.
I can say that the quality is no where near the aftermarket real leather.

Price may put you off at first but man! The comfort of those straps.

I would never buy rep leather straps ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

platiinum

Horology Curious
11/6/19
Thanks. The V3 -> V4 is only y-incabloc change? not really sure why but with the "N" 2010 im afraid of getting older/lesser model since its the only model in stock and it used to be the best pre V4 if im not mistaken. Pretty sure its all in my head tho

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Like Mysterio said, most of the rep leather is crap.

I’d get the rubber strap and then an aftermarket real leather strap, if you keep it the same dimensions 24/22 then you can use the same rep buckle and tubes.

Andrea Martu makes some nice and reasonable straps too just tell her 24/22 and your length 115/75 is the typical assolumente length:

https://www.martuleather.com/store/p66/Vintage_Brown_Leather_Watch_Strap.html

https://www.martuleather.com/store/p192/"74"_Homage_Hand_dyed_watch_strap_ref._m1611-74.html

Those are really good prices. How’s the quality? I know what you get what you pay for but it gets expensive at 120-220 per strap.

And i I agree about rep straps. I always consider them throw-always. But at least the rubber is wearable.

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Reactions: Hazing

magic2

Known Member
20/2/15
When I faced a similar decision, I opted for the 312 instead of the 111. Since the case height of the 312, however, is much higher, I ultimately sold them. It is best to try on the watch before ...

magic2

Known Member
20/2/15
I bought my panerai watch straps from Mansarea, in my opinion a great price-performance ratio.

Charlymattei

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/8/19
Palm 111, watch that has no alternative, a watch that once worn does not take it off your wrist

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Palm 111, watch that has no alternative, a watch that once worn does not take it off your wrist

Actually there is. PAM247 Ferretti. It's like a PAM111 but with a special edition caseback. But then that's rarer than hen's teeth nowadays.

magic2

Known Member
20/2/15
Oh yes, not even thought of the Feretti. But a long time ago that this clock was built. It is a pity, which great watchen are unfortunately no longer offered.