• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with first order PAM111

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Hi there. Planning on ordering my first Panerai rep the Pam111. I was wondering if I could get some help.

First off what strap option is the best quality, leather or rubber?

Second, what are some common QC issues that I should look folookim well versed in this when it comes to Rolex but with Panerai i have 0 frame of reference.

Lastly, what upgrades can be done to the noob v4 and are they worth it?

Thank you in advance for any help!

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Rubber
Don't know
Don't know

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
Hi there. Planning on ordering my first Panerai rep the Pam111. I was wondering if I could get some help.

First off what strap option is the best quality, leather or rubber?

Second, what are some common QC issues that I should look folookim well versed in this when it comes to Rolex but with Panerai i have 0 frame of reference.

Lastly, what upgrades can be done to the noob v4 and are they worth it?

Thank you in advance for any help!

If it's worth it is very subjective. I've heard many who say it isn't since it will always be a rep no matter how much money and efforts you put into it. But if you are very OCD and want your movement to look as close to gen as possible then yes, of course, it's worth it.

Regarding the straps. Buy the rubber and buy a nice custom handmade leather strap later on instead. The rep leather straps, in general, are kind of crappy. And since a lot of the charm and character of a PAM is in the straps, I personally would always go for a nice custom handmade artisan strap! I've had a few rep leather straps and they are all collecting dust somewhere.

Regarding QC issues. I don't know. As far as I know, it is usually a quite solid watch with decent QC!

Reactions: Tacotuesday