• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 616 Carbotech hex nut backing out

Acurtisttu

Known Member
26/3/19
USA
I recently purchased the PAM 616 Carbotech from a TD. QC looked great, passed all tests. Got he watch and went to manually wind it and I felt the hex nut behind the crown back out slightly. After that happened I lost the ability to manually wind. Contemplated sending it back…….but searched the forum and saw the issue being discussed and instructions on how to fix. Unscrew the crown guard, unscrew the caseback, pop out the crown then tighten the hex nut, or find a very small pair of neddlenose pliars and try and tighten the nut without scratching anything. All of that sounded like to much work to me.
Here’s what I did…..and it worked. I took a 6 inch piece of fishing line I had laying around, threaded it thru behind the crown guard…..twisted the ends together putting a bit of pressure on the hex nut…all I needed was a few mm of a turn to fix it……problem solved. Watch is as good as new. Functioning perfect. Took about 3 min.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raddave and mellons