• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 688 looking for some advice on getting this one.

pamlovaboriholly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/19
Hello all...does anyone have any experience with this particular model? i see it both TD sites purewatch and intime. Seems like they updated the watch to vsf1 from v6f? i couldnt find much information in the search other than one member saying they had a problem with the second hand..and after having it worked out they said some parts were missing internally

i LOVE LOVE the blue face sunbrushed dials from panerai. i wish they had a 1033 pam but i dont see any. are there any other blue dial pams (luminor) that you recommend?

thank you ahead of time

Bananlaksen

26/1/17
I have the pam 688 from XF. Wonderful watch have had no issues with it so far and after lubing the rotor it stopped being noisy, though the gen is actually noisy(tried it).

Only critique is the lume being underwhelming compared to my other pam reps.

Last edited:

hackkakid

18/1/19
Merica
I have the 688 rep also, it is very nice and the blue dial is amazing. The rose gold hands and slightly darker shade of blue on the rep look better than the gen IMO.

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
its a nice looking rep, certainly not a super rep, but how many people are you going to bump into with the Gen lol

pamlovaboriholly

10/6/19
its a nice looking rep, certainly not a super rep, but how many people are you going to bump into with the Gen lol

why is it not considered a super rep? just curious.

intime has this watch and it says superclone. is that different?

lastly...it is SO nice. i love it! the blue. just amazing.

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
why is it not considered a super rep? just curious.

intime has this watch and it says superclone. is that different?

lastly...it is SO nice. i love it! the blue. just amazing.

The movement is a clone (super clone), however the case, hands and dial are not accurate enough to be considered a super rep.

pamlovaboriholly

10/6/19
The movement is a clone (super clone), however the case, hands and dial are not accurate enough to be considered a super rep.

that is VERY interesting. i apologize for my ignorance but why is it not accurate? i looked at the gen vs rep pics and they seem REALLY accurate no? or are super reps just need to be 1000% accurate

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Super reps need to be very accurate almost 100%, for instance the gen dial is a slightly different shade of blue, the hands are a different colour (Gen is more gold than rose gold), hand shape etc etc etc. Its still an awesome rep just won't get super rep status. Theres lots of reading across the forums on it. If you like the watch then buy it, as that is all that matters ;)

Reactions: Taz71

hackkakid

18/1/19
Merica
Completely different shades of blue and gold on the dial and hands, dw is not spot on, case is much thicker than gen and not exactly the same shape. Here is a good comparison: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...688-vsf-vs-gen

Like superspark said, the chances of you running into someone in the wild with the gen of this model are extremely rare or even rarer, someone who could spot the tells without a side by side. That being said, where I live, I run into the AD around town fairly often (who I know well), luckily I have always been wearing a gen when I see him as he can spot a fake pam from about 300 yards...

Last edited:

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
here is ALEs PAM guide, its a little out of date with a few super reps missing from the list but very good reading, there was quite a few older super reps around, not as many now, and you would have to have a gen side by side and really scrutinise to see any difference, usually with a loop etc and know what the tells were.

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK

dave9522

Known Member
11/6/19
USA
I'm also curious about this model. Does the V6F or XF have a functioning power reserve indicator?

pamlovaboriholly

10/6/19
Super reps need to be very accurate almost 100%, for instance the gen dial is a slightly different shade of blue, the hands are a different colour (Gen is more gold than rose gold), hand shape etc etc etc. Its still an awesome rep just won't get super rep status. Theres lots of reading across the forums on it. If you like the watch then buy it, as that is all that matters ;)

i now see the diff in the case to being thicker. none the less..its still a beauty!

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
575a753a673d44ebc566de9e6f6ecb72.jpg

Yup,
Not a super rep, but it’s a beautiful timepiece! Probably my most complemented watch in my collection. Plus like others mentioned, with only 300 gens made, you’ll never see one in the wild.
Again, not a super rep, But I don’t care, I love this watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hackkakid

hackkakid

18/1/19
Merica
Agreed, lots of comments on the 688. Pretty much my go-to when I want to wear a blue dial watch these days...
13d3041a96a0c0532695cf3b379bbd5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
I have seen 1-2 Panerais in the wild and it could have been a Parnis, a Dhgate Pam shitter or super rep. Impossible to tell. Unless you are going to a Hardcore Paneristi get together you can easily get away with shitters. No one knows what a Pam is anyway.

pamlovaboriholly

10/6/19
just ordered mine on puretime. fingers crossed on sooner than later!

btw the above pics..one has a sandwhich dial and the other does not.