Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

PAM 688 looking for some advice on getting this one.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, lots of comments on the 688. Pretty much my go-to when I want to wear a blue dial watch these days...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WTB: PAM000, PAM088, PAM113, PAM177, PAM318, PAM518

Comment

Originally posted by hackkakid View Post
      Agreed, lots of comments on the 688. Pretty much my go-to when I want to wear a blue dial watch these days...

how is the weight? feel like the real? or is it very light

Comment

Originally posted by pamlovaboriholly View Post
        how is the weight? feel like the real? or is it very light
        The rep is heavier than gen, much more metal in the case and movement as they are both larger than gen.

Comment

I have seen 1-2 Panerais in the wild and it could have been a Parnis, a Dhgate Pam shitter or super rep. Impossible to tell. Unless you are going to a Hardcore Paneristi get together you can easily get away with shitters. No one knows what a Pam is anyway.

Comment

just ordered mine on puretime. fingers crossed on sooner than later!

btw the above pics..one has a sandwhich dial and the other does not.

Comment

Good catch , indeed appears one sandwich, the other sausage lume !?
              which factory is which (believe gen is sandwich dial )?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Originally posted by Taz71 View Post

Yup,
                Not a super rep, but it’s a beautiful timepiece! Probably my most complemented watch in my collection. Plus like others mentioned, with only 300 gens made, you’ll never see one in the wild.
                Again, not a super rep, But I don’t care, I love this watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                That's a beautiful watch, it's also hard to come across panerai fans in the wild. Even though it's such an iconic watch

Comment

but im curious that one has a sandwhich dial in the pics and the other does not. two diff factories?

Comment

Both are sandwich dials...

Comment

SO SWEET!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sn95 View Post

That's a beautiful watch, it's also hard to come across panerai fans in the wild. Even though it's such an iconic watch
                        Thanks,
                        it is a beautiful watch, I replaced my Xtal with a double AR from Prof, that may be the reason they look different.

Comment

Thanks,
                          it is a beautiful watch, I replaced my Xtal with a double AR from Prof, that may be the reason they look different.
                          is this hard to do? do oyu have to send it out? or do you do it yourself? what was the cost? and what is the diff? just clearer?

Comment

Thanks,
                            Thats a very nice touch, I'm going to try to get a xtal for my pams. Makes the watch look so much cleaner imo

Comment

I have Prof Xtals on a large number of my watches ( don’t want to quote price as I may be wrong) but I’ve ordered the xtals from him then have my watch smith install the xtal and waterproof my watches at the same time.
                              Yes, it makes it seem as the watch doesn’t have a xtal on it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Panerai is known for having shitty crystals / AR coatings so it looks more authentic to have the crap glass, but they do look so much better with a 2x AR'd piece of clear glass IMO...

Comment

Working...
                                X