• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What's the best Titanium Submersible

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
It's time for me to buy a titanium submersible and I'm torn between the VS/V6 Pam 389 with Mod P9000 movement and the ZF Pam 1305 with Mod P9010 movement. Is one of these an obviously better rep than the other and is there a strong alternative I should be considering (not a bronzo as I'm waiting for the 671 to resurface or the 2019 brown bronzo).

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
I'm partial to the Pam 025 because I like the hobnail dial and because I have one, but what's your criteria for a titanium submersible? "Best" can be subjective to everyone but put some metrics behind it and what you may find as best may not be:

Cost, size, movement, availability, durability, authenticity, looks, etc

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
there are loads of pam TI submersibles that are super reps

do you want black dial or blue dial?, chunky or slimmer, GMT or non GMT, Destro or normal. Ceramic bezel or titanium bezel etc etc.

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
Confirm availability first before ordering. Most TDs are not very diligent in cleaning up their sites of unavailable watches (to give a sense of variety).

Yep, always call / write ahead to be certain it's in stock and available. Inform them, in your email that if it is you'll be submitting an order and for them to look for it. A member informed me about HFac Pam 156 at a TD and I missed it likely due to the time zone difference in them replying as the item was in very small numbers.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

Yep, always call / write ahead to be certain it's in stock and available. Inform them, in your email that if it is you'll be submitting an order and for them to look for it. A member informed me about HFac Pam 156 at a TD and I missed it likely due to the time zone difference in them replying as the item was in very small numbers.

So the member told you that it was confirmed by the TD regarding stock? Or he just told you he saw it at a TDs website?

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
So the member told you that it was confirmed by the TD regarding stock? Or he just told you he saw it at a TDs website?

He purchased it and informed me about it, he mentioned receiving QC pictures

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

He purchased it and informed me about it, he mentioned receiving QC pictures

I see. He must have purchased the last remaining piece. Especially considering it's an H-factory model. The TD must have ordered a few in advance. It's a shame.

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
I see. He must have purchased the last remaining piece. Especially considering it's an H-factory model. The TD must have ordered a few in advance. It's a shame.

Yep -- he said better get on it quick as they only have a few remaining pieces; I turned around and emailed TD at 8am (my time in California) and received a reply much later that night saying they;re no longer available.

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
[FONT=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Anyway, apologies for hijacking your thread [/FONT]Commander Straker[FONT=verdana, geneva, sans-serif] but as you can see, it's best to check with a TD if they have stock of any pieces before sending in your hard earned money[/FONT]