• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What model PAM is Stallone wearing in the new Rambo Last Blood trailer?

Tickman

Known Member
21/4/16
Trailer is on YouTube. Around the 1:06 mark it looks like a black PAM.

Grimlocktime

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/5/13
That’s not a Panerai, I’m pretty certain. Unfortunately, Stallone the original Panerai ambassador and one of the main reasons the brand came out of the shadows, and Panerai had a bit of a falling out. You’ll notice that he’s usually seen wearing other brands now.

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
That’s not a Panerai, I’m pretty certain. Unfortunately, Stallone the original Panerai ambassador and one of the main reasons the brand came out of the shadows, and Panerai had a bit of a falling out. You’ll notice that he’s usually seen wearing other brands now.

Yes one of the major mistakes made under the Richemont rule....

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Kind of hard to tell with no clear shot of the watch. It could be the same PAM he wore in Rambo over 10 years ago.

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
FWIW, it's kinda hard for anyone to tell without a link or a picture

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Trailer is on YouTube. Around the 1:06 mark it looks like a black PAM.

Why is he even making another Rambo?
What’s next
Rambo 6 Blood Transfusions
Rambo 7 Blood Drive
Rambo 8 Bad Blood staring Taylor Swift
Rambo 9 White Blood Cells...........

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

Tickman

Known Member
21/4/16

When did the falling out happen? In Rambo (2008) he wore a PVD Panerai. Can't remember which model it was. In the new trailer his arm is in motion pulling back the bow so it's hard to make out any detail. I can see it's something black and likely 47mm range but can't tell if it has a crown guard or not. They cut away 3 times so can only see brief flashes of the watch.

tommikeson

24/10/14
He got pissed off because they released the Slytech without consulting him. He had a limited number made and gave them out. The company later released them to the public, making them less unique.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
He got pissed off because they released the Slytech without consulting him. He had a limited number made and gave them out. The company later released them to the public, making them less unique.

I know as much as the tree stump out back, but I was under the impression it was the release of the 650 Daylight as part of the 786 set at SIHH 2016 that pissed him off.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Why would that piss him off in particular?

Because the Daylight series was created for the movie Daylight in the 90's, so he apparently felt he had some ownership or interest in the moniker. I can imagine it was one of those things where Panerai thought they had the rights to use it, Sly had never asked for much (other than free watches, I'm sure) but he got miffed because they either didn't consult with him or offer him a freebie. My guess ...

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
He also bought several for the cast and crew of daylight.

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
When did the falling out occur? He and his fellow actors were all wearing them in the Expendable movies.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
So that timeline probably throws the Daylight theory out the window ...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Looks like the first two Expendables movies were PAM. The 3rd in 2014 they switched to Richard Mille. So somewhere between 2011 when Expendables 2 was being shot onward was the falling out?

https://robbreport.com/style/watch-c...ories-2819291/

When you say "they" it's only Sly. All the other members of the cast were wearing the PAM389 and I doubt they bought the exact same watch by themselves. So if the falling out happened there, then Sly would have replaced the PAMs with RMs.

Last edited:

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
When you say "they" it's only Sly. All the other members of the cast were wearing the PAM389 and I doubt they bought the exact same watch by themselves. So if the falling out happened there, then Sly would have replaced the PAMs with RMs.

Good point -- and if I remember correctly, there was a lot of pre-press on the 389 for that movie, so its hard to imagine that much of a falling out if Sly allowed such pervasive product placement. Of course, if you want to resurrect the Daylight theory, in 2014, Panerai released the 785 set with the 594 & 602 references -- with the latter being a Daylight model. That could account for something and would work with the timeline ...