• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Many Radiomir´s, and titanium Marina´s out of stock, will they make new versions?

Major Tom

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/15
Hola Panerista´s, noticed much of the good stuff is out of stock. Does anyone know if this was it, or if they will make new versions of the older Radiomir´s and Marina´s? No decent Radiomir to be found anymore, nor any of the cool titanium Marina´s prior to 562/564.

I suggested DSN to start making them again, and offered him support in terms of marketing/sales. He´s a great watchmaker but it seems he always struggled with presenting his work. No reply yet.

DSN 183 in a 609 case
IMG-20190511-123646473-1.jpg

IMG-20190511-123900173-1.jpg

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
What's a Panerista? :lol: To be clear, the term Paneristi is both singular and plural and is genderless. Now back to your question, the straight and short answer is no idea. There have been no announcements to what you're looking for.

As for assisting Davidsen, he's lasted this long without any advertising except for when he posts threads in his section. I doubt he would need a promoter now, especially if he's going to be able to supply watches thought to be no longer available. Word of mouth is enough. It's like putting a lit match near dry tinder, it doesn't take much to set it ablaze.

The PAM388 is a "super rep" but is currently not of super rep classification.

Last edited:

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15
A panerista is a rep paneristi :wacko: Don't like the thickness of the auto 388. Still have one but lugscrew inserts are messed up so need a new case.

Last edited:

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
A panerista is a rep paneristi :wacko: Don't like the thickness of the auto 388. Still have one but lugscrew inserts are messed up so need a new case.

I beg to disagree with that characterization. :p A Paneristi is only required at the very minimum love the brand. Ownership of the watches is secondary. Some of the members here own gens as well as reps but of course they prefer to be anonymous for obvious reasons.

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15
Sure, I owned gen pre vendome and many after. Not anymore though, makes no sense. Paneristia's:wave-1:

Last edited:

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15
Mind you, I never lost any money on gen's which is no surprise I guess. Sold my last gen, a fiddy, in 2012/3, jackpot :lamo2:.

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19
I like having a Panerai on my wrist. I'm a proper pamawristy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Major Tom

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
What's a Panerista? :lol: To be clear, the term Paneristi is both singular and plural and is genderless. Now back to your question, the straight and short answer is no idea. There have been no announcements to what you're looking for.

As for assisting Davidsen, he's lasted this long without any advertising except for when he posts threads in his section. I doubt he would need a promoter now, especially if he's going to be able to supply watches thought to be no longer available. Word of mouth is enough. It's like putting a lit match near dry tinder, it doesn't take much to set it ablaze.

The PAM388 is a "super rep" but is currently not of super rep classification.

Beg to disagree, Paneristi is plural of Panerista, as in "I am a Panerista, we are Paneristi". Don't forget the term is Italian in origin, regardless of what english speakers made of it afterwards

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Beg to disagree, Paneristi is plural of Panerista, as in "I am a Panerista, we are Paneristi". Don't forget the term is Italian in origin, regardless of what english speakers made of it afterwards

Yes, I am an English speaker. But of course I did check Italian language references in terms of plurality. A word in Italian can be both singular and plural. Not saying definitively that it proves me right but it also allows for the possibility that I am right. That's my hypothesis anyway, which in Italian is ipotesi (both plural and singular form). By the way Panerista, one venti cappuccino, no sugar. :lol:

Last edited:

centrum

27/7/14
It seems like there's been a surge in demand for older, classic Pams with a A775X and a A6497 recently on the forum. If rep makers are smart, which they are, they will try to fill in the demands for us global customers by re-releasing the old models. I was told that rep factories have shifted their attention to the Chinese customers, making more generic luxury watches.
I also hope to grab a couple more of older Pams once they release them. Fingers crossed!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
It seems like there's been a surge in demand for older, classic Pams with a A775X and a A6497 recently on the forum. If rep makers are smart, which they are, they will try to fill in the demands for us global customers by re-releasing the old models. I was told that rep factories have shifted their attention to the Chinese customers, making more generic luxury watches.
I also hope to grab a couple more of older Pams once they release them. Fingers crossed!

Seems like is different from there is. In the world of reps where customers can be very fickle (and very critical, especially those from the various rep fora), factories won't do squat on the basis of "it seems". That's why most, if not all, of the custom watch project runs have required part of the money upfront. That's being smart. Who knows? Maybe the reason the factories allegedly prefer the Chinese market is that they're more reliable customers than the global ones.

I am hopeful but not expecting much. Anyway, I'm happy with the 4-5 PAMs that I have. :)

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Yes, I am an English speaker. But of course I did check Italian language references in terms of plurality. A word in Italian can be both singular and plural. Not saying definitively that it proves me right but it also allows for the possibility that I am right. That's my hypothesis anyway, which in Italian is ipotesi (both plural and singular form). By the way Panerista, one venti cappuccino, no sugar. :lol:

Ipotesi is the same in both plural and singular form as with most words ending with i and coming from greek instead of latin (another example is nemesi). The suffix -ista comes from latin and indicates a person who carries out an activity or follows an ideology (think barista/i or ateista/i). Look, I'm italian mother tongue, you're not going to win this one ;)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Ipotesi is the same in both plural and singular form as with most words ending with i and coming from greek instead of latin (another example is nemesi). The suffix -ista comes from latin and indicates a person who carries out an activity or follows an ideology (think barista/i or ateista/i). Look, I'm italian mother tongue, you're not going to win this one ;)

Sure you win. Now Italian mother tongue Panerista, where's my cappuccino? :p

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15
Thanks for your input guys, and getting Italian language classes at the same time ;)

Vonn

15/11/16
I would love me some 6497 45mm Radiomir, either 210 or 182, base stuff is the best!

Reactions: Major Tom

Major Tom

Banned
18/7/15
The fact that H Factory closed shop won´t help either. So that´s it guys, hold on to your discontinued titanium 44mm/radiomir models. You won´t find them m2m anymore because profiteering is no allowed, but nobody will sell them at a loss, wtf. I mean, how else are you going to have a market for discontinued models. Or does anyone know where to get them at a premium? Hielffeeeeeeeee

Reactions: superspark69

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The fact that H Factory closed shop won´t help either. So that´s it guys, hold on to your discontinued titanium 44mm/radiomir models. You won´t find them m2m anymore because profiteering is no allowed, but nobody will sell them at a loss, wtf. I mean, how else are you going to have a market for discontinued models. Or does anyone know where to get them at a premium? Hielffeeeeeeeee

You equate profiteering with selling at a premium, which is not correct all the time. Profiteering is seeking to make an unfair or excessive amount of profit. Selling at a premium is not automatically profiteering. If the price increase is due to its relative unavailability and market demand, then it may be allowed upon the discretion of sales moderators (just don't be greedy). If you're looking for any other market outside of the forums/reddits/facebook etc., I'm afraid there is none AFAIK.

Last edited: