Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Many Radiomir´s, and titanium Marina´s out of stock, will they make new versions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Many Radiomir´s, and titanium Marina´s out of stock, will they make new versions?

    Hola Panerista´s, noticed much of the good stuff is out of stock. Does anyone know if this was it, or if they will make new versions of the older Radiomir´s and Marina´s? No decent Radiomir to be found anymore, nor any of the cool titanium Marina´s prior to 562/564.

    I suggested DSN to start making them again, and offered him support in terms of marketing/sales. He´s a great watchmaker but it seems he always struggled with presenting his work. No reply yet.


    DSN 183 in a 609 case



    To find the players in all the corruption of the world, ‘Follow the money.’ To find the captains of world corruption, follow the money all the way.

    #2
    the VSF388 is a super radioman and is available - Super rep!
    Looking for a DSN PAM036

    Comment


      #3
      What's a Panerista? To be clear, the term Paneristi is both singular and plural and is genderless. Now back to your question, the straight and short answer is no idea. There have been no announcements to what you're looking for.

      As for assisting Davidsen, he's lasted this long without any advertising except for when he posts threads in his section. I doubt he would need a promoter now, especially if he's going to be able to supply watches thought to be no longer available. Word of mouth is enough. It's like putting a lit match near dry tinder, it doesn't take much to set it ablaze.

      The PAM388 is a "super rep" but is currently not of super rep classification.
      Last edited by mysterio; 11-05-19, 14:34.

      Comment


        #4
        A panerista is a rep paneristi Don't like the thickness of the auto 388. Still have one but lugscrew inserts are messed up so need a new case.
        Last edited by Major Tom; 11-05-19, 17:58.
        To find the players in all the corruption of the world, ‘Follow the money.’ To find the captains of world corruption, follow the money all the way.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Major Tom View Post
          A panerista is a rep paneristi Don't like the thickness of the auto 388. Still have one but lugscrew inserts are messed up so need a new case.
          I beg to disagree with that characterization. A Paneristi is only required at the very minimum love the brand. Ownership of the watches is secondary. Some of the members here own gens as well as reps but of course they prefer to be anonymous for obvious reasons.

          Comment


            #6
            Sure, I owned gen pre vendome and many after. Not anymore though, makes no sense. Paneristia's
            Last edited by Major Tom; 12-05-19, 09:19.
            To find the players in all the corruption of the world, ‘Follow the money.’ To find the captains of world corruption, follow the money all the way.

            Comment


              #7
              Mind you, I never lost any money on gen's which is no surprise I guess. Sold my last gen, a fiddy, in 2012/3, jackpot .
              To find the players in all the corruption of the world, ‘Follow the money.’ To find the captains of world corruption, follow the money all the way.

              Comment


                #8
                I like having a Panerai on my wrist. I'm a proper pamawristy.
                Last edited by Str1xt; 12-05-19, 15:20.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by mysterio View Post
                  What's a Panerista? To be clear, the term Paneristi is both singular and plural and is genderless. Now back to your question, the straight and short answer is no idea. There have been no announcements to what you're looking for.

                  As for assisting Davidsen, he's lasted this long without any advertising except for when he posts threads in his section. I doubt he would need a promoter now, especially if he's going to be able to supply watches thought to be no longer available. Word of mouth is enough. It's like putting a lit match near dry tinder, it doesn't take much to set it ablaze.

                  The PAM388 is a "super rep" but is currently not of super rep classification.
                  Beg to disagree, Paneristi is plural of Panerista, as in "I am a Panerista, we are Paneristi". Don't forget the term is Italian in origin, regardless of what english speakers made of it afterwards

                  Comment


                    #10
                    One panino two panini...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Redfoot View Post
                      One panino two panini...
                      To find the players in all the corruption of the world, ‘Follow the money.’ To find the captains of world corruption, follow the money all the way.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by The Rod View Post

                        Beg to disagree, Paneristi is plural of Panerista, as in "I am a Panerista, we are Paneristi". Don't forget the term is Italian in origin, regardless of what english speakers made of it afterwards
                        Yes, I am an English speaker. But of course I did check Italian language references in terms of plurality. A word in Italian can be both singular and plural. Not saying definitively that it proves me right but it also allows for the possibility that I am right. That's my hypothesis anyway, which in Italian is ipotesi (both plural and singular form). By the way Panerista, one venti cappuccino, no sugar.
                        Last edited by mysterio; 13-05-19, 01:28.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          It seems like there's been a surge in demand for older, classic Pams with a A775X and a A6497 recently on the forum. If rep makers are smart, which they are, they will try to fill in the demands for us global customers by re-releasing the old models. I was told that rep factories have shifted their attention to the Chinese customers, making more generic luxury watches.
                          I also hope to grab a couple more of older Pams once they release them. Fingers crossed!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by centrum View Post
                            It seems like there's been a surge in demand for older, classic Pams with a A775X and a A6497 recently on the forum. If rep makers are smart, which they are, they will try to fill in the demands for us global customers by re-releasing the old models. I was told that rep factories have shifted their attention to the Chinese customers, making more generic luxury watches.
                            I also hope to grab a couple more of older Pams once they release them. Fingers crossed!
                            Seems like is different from there is. In the world of reps where customers can be very fickle (and very critical, especially those from the various rep fora), factories won't do squat on the basis of "it seems". That's why most, if not all, of the custom watch project runs have required part of the money upfront. That's being smart. Who knows? Maybe the reason the factories allegedly prefer the Chinese market is that they're more reliable customers than the global ones.

                            I am hopeful but not expecting much. Anyway, I'm happy with the 4-5 PAMs that I have.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by mysterio View Post

                              Yes, I am an English speaker. But of course I did check Italian language references in terms of plurality. A word in Italian can be both singular and plural. Not saying definitively that it proves me right but it also allows for the possibility that I am right. That's my hypothesis anyway, which in Italian is ipotesi (both plural and singular form). By the way Panerista, one venti cappuccino, no sugar.
                              Ipotesi is the same in both plural and singular form as with most words ending with i and coming from greek instead of latin (another example is nemesi). The suffix -ista comes from latin and indicates a person who carries out an activity or follows an ideology (think barista/i or ateista/i). Look, I'm italian mother tongue, you're not going to win this one

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X