• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Resistance when setting time.

Billybilly

Horology Curious
5/4/18
So I have a Pam 111 v4 noob and it has a some resistance when setting time. Like when the minute hand is from 10-30 it feels like it's scraping on something, or there is resistance in the gears. I don't quite know how to describe.

Should I just keep winding it everyday ? That way I won't have to keep changing time whenever I want to wear it. I only wear it on weekends atm.

Or is this nothing to worry about?
Should I have it serviced?
It's been like this ever since I've received it last September (I think), after sending back the first one to the TD after it died on me after a few days.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give me!

Billybilly

Horology Curious
5/4/18
Thanks for the reply superspark !

So I should try to get it serviced then.

I've already checked out the stickies on how to get someone to service your rep... Now to try it out IRL and see if I can find someone who will service it.

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
Take a closer look and make sure the hands are scrapping one another. The watches are mass produced and the movements themselves are not always the cleanest. If you intend to keep teh watch think about having a full disassembly and service performed