• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 111 - "Y" Incabloc

TheHokage

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/6/16
Hey everyone!

So there's many sales threads and threads in general regarding the Swiss "Y" Incabloc part in the PAM A6497 movements that I believe currently are out of the box now when purchasing them.

I happen to have a PAM 111 that does not have the Swiss Incabloc movement and was wondering if it is worth having it installed by someone (which I am not sure what modder(s) offer it) or if it is just worth it to sell off this PAM to go towards one that already has it.

Thanks in advance!

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Marlin can mod the watch to make it look as genuine as possible with these movements, however it will cost you in the region of $500, if you just want the y incablock you can purchase them from Ebay and get your watch guy to install it and have service at same time in the region of $150 for part and service, otherwise it buy a new one?.

Reactions: TheHokage

TheHokage

Supporter
Certified
7/6/16
Marlin can mod the watch to make it look as genuine as possible with these movements, however it will cost you in the region of $500, if you just want the y incablock you can purchase them from Ebay and get your watch guy to install it and have service at same time in the region of $150 for part and service, otherwise it buy a new one?.

Thanks for the information, appreciate it!

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
You should sell it to me :) but in all seriousness how often are people going to see the caseback of your watch? Kind of a pointless mod imo

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
You should sell it to me :) but in all seriousness how often are people going to see the caseback of your watch? Kind of a pointless mod imo

Whether something is pointless or not, worth it or not, that's something that is subjective and personal. If you don't like it, then the OTB rep is perfectly fine.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Whether something is pointless or not, worth it or not, that's something that is subjective and personal. If you don't like it, then the OTB rep is perfectly fine.

100% agree with you, however when modifying the movement you would need to completely mod it with a incabloc, swan neck spring, correct micrometric screen, replace or police the ratchet and crown wheels etc. Thats just me though, either 100% of the way or 0%

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
100% agree with you, however when modifying the movement you would need to completely mod it with a incabloc, swan neck spring, correct micrometric screen, replace or police the ratchet and crown wheels etc. Thats just me though, either 100% of the way or 0%

Again proving my point, it's subjective. Some people might be fine with only replacing the Y-incabloc, some might want only the wheels to be modded, or any combination in between or like you, it's either 0 or 100%. Although 100% is another subjective topic as well. What's 100% for you might only be 80% for some. It's a slippery slope. But like I said, there are people who can do what you want done, for a price.

Maybe a few years from now, mods like that will be standard OTB. We can dream. :)

Reactions: sn95 and TheHokage

dustimage

Known Member
12/4/19

I’m curious to know what can be done as a next step/mod toward gen after getting the mod from Marlin?

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida

And no one can see the forged pistons in your rebuilt engine or the twin turbo unless you open the hood. Lol

Reactions: sn95

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
And the Manley H beam rods :)

SVTP member? I had two cars near the 600hp range. 03Cobra and now 135i. Different types of insanity. Now I cruise a BMW 650I drop top. I miss tinkering but my old back was hating on all the fun.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
SVTP member? I had two cars near the 600hp range. 03Cobra and now 135i. Different types of insanity. Now I cruise a BMW 650I drop top. I miss tinkering but my old back was hating on all the fun.

Yes same forum name on there, mostly a lurker though. 03-04 cobras are wild, couldn't handle all that power and I'm more old school 96-98 NA cobra.