• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 557 - Winding Advice

jameslodge999

Looking Around
24/4/19
Hi Guys - I purchased a PAM 557, it’s beautiful. The spec is here:

https://www.replicahause.is/panerai-luminor-pam557-lefty-edition-47mm-swiss-replica-watch.html

I am totally unsure if I am winding it correctly? As if I do it in a Upwards motion it just seems to click on forever, if I do it downwards then it seems to turn a largish cog situated at the bottom of the P.3000 clone. But the cog does not seem to turn very smoothly.Either way it is running, but the time is not very good - it was 15 mins out this morning, but then again I have been worried about winding the device and possibly breaking it. Any advice ? I am happy to take it to a watch repair shop if needs be.

Also I’m interested now in purchasing a PAM 375 as advertised on PureTime for approx 188 dollars - I’m interested in advice because there seems to be 3 models available and the pricer ones are almost double at around 350 - 400 dollars ? Is this due to the use of a Saphire Crystal rather than a mineral crystal?

Thanks everyone for your time and help. All the best from James.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The PAM557 being a manual wind should stop winding at some point (70 turns or until the crown stops). If it doesn't then you may have to talk to your dealer about it (replicahause? not a TD here so you are on your own).

The price difference is partly due to the parts but also partly due to the date it was posted. It's always recommended to ask the TD what the current pricing for a watch, especially one that was posted more than 3 years ago.

jameslodge999

Looking Around
24/4/19
Thanks very much for the advice :) I finally figured out how to wind the thing after checking a YouTube video and the crown did come to a stop after about 70 turns - seems to be keeping the correct time now as well:) all the best from James.