• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice for PAM111

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
Hi everyone !

After getting my first rep from Ryan a few weeks ago I'm now looking for my second one.

I'm a big fan of Panerai, especially with a rubber strap, for let's say a more sporty or casual look.

With the reviews I found on the forum and the fact that she belongs to the "Super Reps NWBIGs" list, I naturally decided to go for the PAM111.

Only question, is below one the correct one ? Noob V4 ?

https://www.intime04.co/panerai/102-pam111-v4-noob-factory-pre-v-hands-on-black-rubber-strap.html

Many thanks in advance :)

I was also looking at the PAM320, similar look but a bit more sophisticated, but she is not part of the Super Reps, or even First Class ...

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
You’re looking at the wrong lists, read ales panerai guide, and they have also been updated since then and are even better

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
You’re looking at the wrong lists, read ales panerai guide, and they have also been updated since then and are even better

Well technically, the Superrep NWBIG list refers to the Reference PAM Review Guide (aka ALE's Guide) so it's not wrong. ;)

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Yes the noob v4 is a super rep, just picked one up myself. Going to see how a hornback strap looks on it :)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Yes the noob v4 is a super rep, just picked one up myself. Going to see how a hornback strap looks on it :)

The PAM111 was a super rep from V2. The incremental improvements just build upon its classification. Post a picture of the watch when you get the hornback on it. Where did you get the strap from?

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
The PAM111 was a super rep from V2. The incremental improvements just build upon its classification. Post a picture of the watch when you get the hornback on it. Where did you get the strap from?

I will as soon as it get it, strap came from a Vietnamese seller it was a good price (wasn't willing to shell out $100+ for a strap i may not enjoy).

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Well technically, the Superrep NWBIG list refers to the Reference PAM Review Guide (aka ALE's Guide) so it's not wrong. ;)

True, although ales guide also hasn’t been updated for quite a few years, in that time there has been new releases and updates for a number of models. That would no doubt change classifications.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
True, although ales guide also hasn’t been updated for quite a few years, in that time there has been new releases and updates for a number of models. That would no doubt change classifications.

Not for the super reps that were included in those lists, AFAIK. The good (and bad) thing about those super reps is that for most of them, there usually is no refreshes and they run out of stock/stop production/close factory. So far only the PAM111 and PAM127 have been updated by their original factory and both of the releases have minor updates.There may be new factory releases for previously released models and they may be added to the list, but so far I've not seen any circumstance that warrants a downgrade from existing classification. But yeah, the list is due for a refresh. Maybe sometime soon...

Reactions: the_don_robinson

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
There are pams where the classifications were lowered previously due to visual movement inaccuracies like the 312 351 (quite a few more I guess) for example as the vsf p9000 clone hadn't been released then, now the balance wheel is in the correct positions etc etc. I cant think of any where a downgrade would be warranted either but I think there are quite a few where they should be upgraded :)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
There are pams where the classifications were lowered previously due to visual movement inaccuracies like the 312 351 (quite a few more I guess) for example as the vsf p9000 clone hadn't been released then, now the balance wheel is in the correct positions etc etc. I cant think of any where a downgrade would be warranted either but I think there are quite a few where they should be upgraded :)

I was talking more about downgrades to the classification. It would be such a disappointment if the reps went down in quality (at least from the same maker). The natural progression of reps is always forward. Classic example the PAM111. Back then you would require a substantial investment to get a OTB PAM111 5-6 years ago compared to what you get for $200 currently. .

Reactions: superspark69

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
Thank you guys for your comments.

So by ordering this PAM 111 V4 Noob from Ryan I should'nt be wrong.

Still I'm quite surprised by the price, below $250 is quite low compared to the price of the average high quality rep around $400 ...

I might then go for an additional camo strap from Horus :)

Reactions: Vintage_seeker77

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
Reactions: Tgz

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
I have a lot of choice lol....... let me see if I can dig out a few pics

4xa08.jpg

4xr53.jpg

4xtjU.jpg

8MFkL.jpg

8MNLo.jpg

8Ml1I.jpg

lPFnb.jpg

lPN73.jpg

fDbUR.jpg

fDWYZ.jpg

VciqFD.jpg

VvwqL8.jpg

(not my full collection by the way) :rolleyes:

Reactions: ssr905 and sn95

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
Thanks a lot superspark69 ! That's a truely impressive collection ! And if you say it's not all ... :)

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what is the first PAM ? It looks like a PAM320 without the GMT function.

Also, the first watch has a digital camo strap with "Panerai" buckle while you show a PAM111 with another digital camo strap, but this type with "Krono".
Do you know why ? Maybe the first one is coming from Horus ?

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Thanks a lot superspark69 ! That's a truely impressive collection ! And if you say it's not all ... :)

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what is the first PAM ? It looks like a PAM320 without the GMT function.

Also, the first watch has a digital camo strap with "Panerai" buckle while you show a PAM111 with another digital camo strap, but this type with "Krono".
Do you know why ? Maybe the first one is coming from Horus ?

first watch is a 351, All Krono stars apart from the grey one which is Horus, just changed the buckles.

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
And you can buy all of those 3 Krono straps for less than the price of the single grey Horus. ;)

Yes indeed ! Great advice from superspark69 !

Just one more question, it seems Ryan does not provide the "Push-Pins" for the strap installation, where did you get yours ? Horus offers for $25 which is correct.