• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai Luminor submersible 508 QC picture advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourcegrafik

Horology Curious
22/3/19
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place to post this query.
I am a replica watch noob, but have ordered the above watch through a trusted dealer that my brother has bought from in the past and been VERY happy with.
However, what should I be looking for in these pics, seems everything is as expected but any advice you can give would be appreciated.

Many thanks
H
Pictures removed by Staff. The watch looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
45-15-date, and index at 12-30 are well aligned. The 508 v2 is a discontinued Pam, you should take it, the black pearl is a beauty !
and could you share your waterproof test please ? I would like to see the difference with a metal case if the mods are ok for it.

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
45-15-date, and index at 12-30 are well aligned. The 508 v2 is a discontinued Pam, you should take it, the black pearl is a beauty !
and could you share your waterproof test please ? I would like to see the difference with a metal case if the mods are ok for it.

I’ve tested both my 508 and 617 to 6bar no problem, I imagine it could go higher but my tester max’s out at 6bar

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
What’s with that “CARBOTECH” on the caseback? I have never seen that before..should be “CERAMIC”

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I’ve tested both my 508 and 617 to 6bar no problem, I imagine it could go higher but my tester max’s out at 6bar

Thanks. And about the 616, I would like to know if it could be like some Ap Carbon Diver with some leaks on the carbon case.

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
What’s with that “CARBOTECH” on the caseback? I have never seen that before..should be “CERAMIC”

Wow, good catch ! My v2 has the correct CERAMIC on the caseback.
It should be an assembly from old parts from VSF as PT said me after CNY there is no more 508 available.

sourcegrafik

Horology Curious
22/3/19

Completely missed that as I was hoping to get the carbotech version of this watch but then settled for the ceramic. Well spotted, thanks!!

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
This model being discounted, the “wrong” caseback is a minor weak point (flaw). You should accept that one imho..

sourcegrafik

Horology Curious
22/3/19
This model being discounted, the “wrong” caseback is a minor weak point (flaw). You should accept that one imho..

I highlighted it to the QC, if I can get the correct back then great, but I agree, it is a minor detail.

Thanks, everyone for the quick responses.

I will let you know how the first order goes, but overall I am very happy.... it is a beautiful watch... IMO ;)

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I checked mine because the Crown guard lever on this one is not touching the crown. (Check the tiny space on last pict)

On mine, the stem/crown has a spring and the lever push the crown to « seal » the case. It’s a little bit strange to see this tiny space on this one.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
As the matter has already been discussed, I am closing this thread. However, be reminded that posting QC pictures without any specific concerns is expressly forbidden. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.