• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best PAM508 Ceramic Now?

SuperCloner

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/19
Is the VSF or V6F PAM508 considered to be a Super Rep? I was looking on a couple of TDs' websites (puretime, chazingtime) and couldn't really tell the difference between the V6F and VSF PAM508s and they're both similarly priced.

What version is the most up to date and regarded to be the best rep?

Thanks

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
VSF hands down. But it's not available anymore, so that piece of information is not of much use I'm afraid..

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Both the same apart from the movement. VSF was V6F before splitting into VSF & XF, V6F was KW. Only thing is the movement of VSF has same movement functions as the Gen but arguably unfixable if it breaks due to lack of spare parts whereas the V6F has spare parts available due to it being 7750 based.

SuperCloner

11/3/19
Thanks for the info! But I guess this point is indeed moot as I confirmed from a TD as well that they are discontinued. Missed that boat. Do these factories ever bring discontinued watches back?

I guess to pivot to a different watch in the time being, and because there are SO MANY Super Reps from Panerai... does anyone have a "short list" of particularly stand-out and excellent Panerai Super Reps they could recommend? It's hard to pick with that list.

I was going to buy a gen Panerai until my research led me here. After seeing how many Super Reps there are for Panerai, I've decided to heed the NWBIG for that brand

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
1. Yes, factories have resumed production of discontinued watches in the past. It all depends on the factory.

2. Look for the NWBIGs list. There is a list of Panerai models there.

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
I got mine at the beginning of Feb from my contact that deals directly with the factory so Im guessing most TD's will still be able to get one?

boutsk

Known Member
17/4/17
Both the same apart from the movement. VSF was V6F before splitting into VSF & XF, V6F was KW. Only thing is the movement of VSF has same movement functions as the Gen but arguably unfixable if it breaks due to lack of spare parts whereas the V6F has spare parts available due to it being 7750 based.
I wonder if parts from the P.9000 superclone are interchangeable with Gen parts...

Sent from the RWI App

SuperCloner

11/3/19
Do factories usually bring a watch back after discontinuing it like the 508?

[mod edit: no solicitation in the discussions section)

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperCloner

11/3/19
Has anyone ever seen a watch like this, which gets discontinued, come back into production?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Has anyone ever seen a watch like this, which gets discontinued, come back into production?

Yes, but that means absolutely nothing in the whole scheme of things. Factories will stop on a dime for no explainable reason and then restart with no warning nor fanfare.

SuperCloner

11/3/19
Has anyone heard word of whether this watch will be back in production at the factory? Still waiting for it..

SuperCloner

11/3/19
Any more word on if the PAM508 will be available to order again? Still trying to get a VSF one.

Might just get the 961 at this point