• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerei Radiomir. Springbars?

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
Hello guys. I am new to panerei watches and got a pam505 radiomir. I want to get a gen asso strap soon for it and exchange it with the old one. I already recognized that there are no standard spring bars needed to install the strap.
I am wondering myself how to install the strap. Do I just have to unscrew the tiny screws and then put the strap into the holes and then tighten the screws and thats it? I read that there are some kind of tubes that can be bought. How can I uninstall the old strap and install the new strap?

I am happy for every help :) . Thank you very much in advance!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
There are no springbars for radiomirs. The screwing mechanism is different. If you're not sure how to do it, here's a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIqFEhNxlyc

Not sure what tube you are referring to. Screw tubes on Luminor don't work on Radiomirs because the ones for Rads have a short tube in the middle linking the left and right bars. If you lose that, easy enough to replace. Use a cut-off piece of plastic ink cartridge from a ball point pen.

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
There are no springbars for radiomirs. The screwing mechanism is different. If you're not sure how to do it, here's a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIqFEhNxlyc

Not sure what tube you are referring to. Screw tubes on Luminor don't work on Radiomirs because the ones for Rads have a short tube in the middle linking the left and right bars. If you lose that, easy enough to replace. Use a cut-off piece of plastic ink cartridge from a ball point pen.

Thanks for the information. By tubes I mean the following: I saw some gen asso straps that looked like they have two metal tubes which can be inserted in the holes of the strap to attach it. I hope u understand what I mean. ^^

Reactions: nalomb

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
OEM straps are sold with tubes. But with Radiomirs, you would have to remove the tube as it's not required (unlike Luminors where the wrist movement can unscrew the lugbar and cause the strap to be removed and potentially the watch to drop).

Reactions: mat2006

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
Got into radiomirs recently and thought i'll drop some advice.

Don't get lazy and leave the strap tubes in. The lugs on the radiomir flex quite a bit within the strap and you won't be able to fit them back in the case. Positioning the short tube correctly within the strap can be quite frustrating depending on how tight the opening is, so you may want to widen the opening a bit or leave it out entirely. And don't over-tighten the screws, its super easy to strip them (or slip and scratch your case). If the screws don't screw down, just get them out, wiggle the lugs a bit, and try again.

Mighty Marthy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/3/17
And another free advice: guard the screws with a little loctite.(and when i say a little, i mean a very little) They might eventually come off if you dont.

Sent from the RWI App

Tickman

Known Member
21/4/16
I have been keeping away from Radiomirs in my collection just to avoid the hassle of changing out straps. Are there any aftermarket ways to make strap changes easier like spring screw bars for Luminor?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
And another free advice: guard the screws with a little loctite.(and when i say a little, i mean a very little) They might eventually come off if you dont.

Sent from the RWI App

The advice is good but needs a bit more info. Use a Loctite that is a weak threadlocker, which is a purple colored fluid. It means it will fix the screws in place but can be easily broken using hand tools (in this case, a screwdriver). Loctite 222 or something similar if not picking from the Loctite adhesive range. Do not use red loctite. It is a very strong adhesive.

Reactions: Mighty Marthy