• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aged DLC Panerai Luminor project

Duane Stinson

1/10/18
Finished this aged DLC coated Panerai Luminor project and it came out pretty cool! I aged the case, dial (had a scratch in it and kicked off the entire project), blued hands, lume, and Panerai buckle. Put a old gen Panerai brown leather band (+ gen Panerai blue canvas. Last few pictures) and a Swiss N2 ETA 6497 movement in it to make it a high end build.

HSgoo.jpg

HSSWL.jpg

HSY7K.jpg

HSqmT.jpg

HSdRe.jpg

HSOoA.jpg

HS3pQ.jpg

HSa7f.jpg

HS5RX.jpg

HSBrp.jpg

HTZws.jpg

HTEph.jpg

HTWdD.jpg

HTbnU.jpg

HTyr8.jpg

HTJw3.jpg

HTRd2.jpg

HTUzb.jpg

HTMnd.jpg

HTk5Z.jpg

HT2fR.jpg

HTPzg.jpg

HTwda.jpg

HT80y.jpg

HTg5G.jpg

HTSfq.jpg

HThb6.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

Duane Stinson

1/10/18
Forgot to add, I heat treated the lug and crown guard screws to give them some darker color. Additionally, replaced all the movement screws with fired blue ones to match the build theme.

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Is it one of the « Parnis » pvd case we can see on EBay ?
could you compare it with one of our Rep factoriespls ?

Duane Stinson

1/10/18
Movement stopped running this morning so I tore it all down, cleaned, oiled and serviced it. It is back up and running and better than before.

H5rud.jpg

H5422.jpg

H5ASZ.jpg

HAVQR.jpg

HAutg.jpg

Duane Stinson

1/10/18
Unfortunately, due to all the assembly and disassembly, I damaged the blue second hand and had to replace it with a gold one. It will work for now!

LDgfR.jpg

LDl5Z.jpg

LDSzg.jpg

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Cool build -- really like the aging of the case. And I actually think the gold seconds hand is an improvement. Well done!

Reactions: Duane Stinson