• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PAMs from VSF this year!.

wonkycrown

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/19
Not sure if the dial factory will change their design for not being "deep enough". Do you have a high-res picture of your PAM389 dial for reference? As for the movement, you can discuss that with your TD to know your options (send it back or have it repaired locally and TD shoulders some amount).

My TD said they would repair it for me but I decided not to bother. I will maybe look into getting it repaired locally. Credit to the TD though as he was decent enough to offer me a repair and some discount.

There are 3 things that bugged me about this watch -

The sub dial is not deep enough. Seems as if all Subs are like this from the TD images. Big tell, as you should be able to see the ridge/step to the sub dial when the watch is away from your face.

Crown wheel is too thin, although very slight.

Case back doesn't fit flush. I later found out that it was the antimagnetic cover causing case back to bind up. Took it out and voila! Now fits flush. Can be seen in all TD pics.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
My TD said they would repair it for me but I decided not to bother. I will maybe look into getting it repaired locally. Credit to the TD though as he was decent enough to offer me a repair and some discount.

There are 3 things that bugged me about this watch -

The sub dial is not deep enough. Seems as if all Subs are like this from the TD images. Big tell, as you should be able to see the ridge/step to the sub dial when the watch is away from your face.

Crown wheel is too thin, although very slight.

Case back doesn't fit flush. I later found out that it was the antimagnetic cover causing case back to bind up. Took it out and voila! Now fits flush. Can be seen in all TD pics.

All TDs have warranty and repair terms, though it differs from TD to TD.

1. Subdial depth, it is unclear with "not deep enough". - pictures would be nice to compare with a gen.
2. Again unclear, we need a picture.
3. Also unclear which part of the case back should fit flush, again...picture?

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
b582be08d7a53b04fc18683de31a09c9.jpg

Don’t think my subdial is that bad tbh. The problem with subs is that they use a thicker crystal and then you have issues with light refraction etc, so not all viewing situations are going to be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonkycrown

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/19
b582be08d7a53b04fc18683de31a09c9.jpg

Don’t think my subdial is that bad tbh. The problem with subs is that they use a thicker crystal and then you have issues with light refraction etc, so not all viewing situations are going to be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree that the crystal does make a difference to how the sub dial looks in different lighting. On my gen 212 I can clearly see the surface change or layer effect between dial and sub dial when held by my waist, and on the 389 rep I can not. It could even be that the dial edge around the sub dial are tapered on the rep and not cut with a straight edge therefore causing the loss of visual depth to it? I'll see if I can get some close up pics when I get time but google any gen 389 and you'll see what I mean

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Agree that the crystal does make a difference to how the sub dial looks in different lighting. On my gen 212 I can clearly see the surface change or layer effect between dial and sub dial when held by my waist, and on the 389 rep I can not. It could even be that the dial edge around the sub dial are tapered on the rep and not cut with a straight edge therefore causing the loss of visual depth to it? I'll see if I can get some close up pics when I get time but google any gen 389 and you'll see what I mean

ive had the Gen in hand and not really any noticeable difference tbh, the main difference I could see was the polishing of the dial markers.

peterpl

24/7/11
Where are the new PAM reps man. Panerai rep game has gone dead.

Reactions: nalomb

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Where are the new PAM reps man. Panerai rep game has gone dead.

I know -- its really disconcerting ...

I was hoping for some new subs or even some 1940 Radiomir models this year. And the Yachterai Mike Horn seem easy enough to replicate. It would be awesome if the rep was brought to market before the gens in October ...

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
I know -- its really disconcerting ...

I was hoping for some new subs or even some 1940 Radiomir models this year. And the Yachterai Mike Horn seem easy enough to replicate. It would be awesome if the rep was brought to market before the gens in October ...

Yeahhh. I'd love to see the new Luminor Roma botique edition. They have pretty much everything they need already except the closed caseback and a pretty easy to make canvas strap.

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19
It would be nice if they included the 985. I'd rather that, than the 961. Which imo looks rather dull in comparison.

peterpl

24/7/11
With the release of the 979 its a good sign other models are coming soon. Fingers crossed.