• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PAMs from VSF this year!.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Good news! Tnx for sharing..

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Thanks for the news, i hope it wont be too long for the 1039 :)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I'm curious to see how VSF does each model in that line-up as they bring unique challenges to the table. The PAM1039 has that sailcloth dial. The PAM983 has the chrono buttons on the other side and a flyback at that, let's see if the buttons are faux or if VSF will have a suitable flyback movement. The PAM961 has the carbon dial.

Beggars can't be choosers but I wish VSF strayed a bit from the norm (though it wasn't at all unexpected as it gave them parts with minimal changes needed). The PAM984 Mike Horn Edition would have been interesting, not to mention nothing really complicated except for the new bezel. Oh well maybe later. ;)

Reactions: nalomb

DKJAWJ

Known Member
20/11/18
London
Shame all 47mm - any news on new 42mm products for the non gorlila wristed amongst us ? Ideally the PAM 959.

Reactions: gsxcbr1

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
I like the Luna Rossa A LOT! Hopefully they do a great job at repping it.

Last edited:

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
The 984 would be a very nice addition and has really grown on me in the past week. Interested to see the replication solution for the sailcloth dial. The new tobacco bronzo is my top “want,” but I suppose patience is the watchword ...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The 984 would be a very nice addition and has really grown on me in the past week. Interested to see the replication solution for the sailcloth dial. The new tobacco bronzo is my top “want,” but I suppose patience is the watchword ...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

When Panerai announced at the 2019 SIHH that this year was going to be the Year of the Submersible, they certainly weren't kidding. :lol:

pm-guy

Supporter
Certified
10/5/14
These 2 will be nice!

PAM00984 which is non limited and the PAM00985 which is limited....

Reactions: vcappp

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
When Panerai announced at the 2019 SIHH that this year was going to be the Year of the Submersible, they certainly weren't kidding. :lol:

Which has my head spinning in two directions: first, it seems Panerai has Rolex directly in its crosshairs. The Rolex Subs are arguably the most recognizable and highest selling watch in the category. In my mind, the carbotech line is an attempt to modernize the market segment and the effort to make the Submersible a stand-alone brand serves to provide direct competition. Plus the Horn editions are not very subtle jabs at the relatively dainty Yachtmaster. This seems like a wide net type market research exercise.

Second, and this is reading the tea leaves way too far in advance, but this sets the stage for more dressy, classic models in the future. Panerai purists have felt a bit abandoned with this year’s releases, and an olive branch of vintage-inspired Panerai artistry of yore would be a one-two punch to bring those customers back into the fold and capture a large swath of the marketplace.

Or maybe I’ve read one too many marketing articles today haha.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Second, and this is reading the tea leaves way too far in advance, but this sets the stage for more dressy, classic models in the future. Panerai purists have felt a bit abandoned with this year’s releases, and an olive branch of vintage-inspired Panerai artistry of yore would be a one-two punch to bring those customers back into the fold and capture a large swath of the marketplace.
Sent from the RWI mobile app

So kinda like your girlfriend forgetting it's your birthday and making your next one extra special? I wonder who would fall for something so obvious. :lol:

SPACECOWBOY 2017

6/5/17
Munich
Hi folks, does anyone of you guys know where to find a complete line-up of VSF PAMs? As my collection is growing I need some more to fill up my Box ;)

Thanx a lot

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Hi folks, does anyone of you guys know where to find a complete line-up of VSF PAMs? As my collection is growing I need some more to fill up my Box ;)

Thanx a lot

That is a question for the TDs. Not all of them stock watches and even if they did, they probably wouldn't have each and every one produced so they would have to get it from the factory.

Reactions: Mrpong

SPACECOWBOY 2017

6/5/17
Munich
That is a question for the TDs. Not all of them stock watches and even if they did, they probably wouldn't have each and every one produced so they would have to get it from the factory.

Thanx for your answer, mate ;)

Oh maybe I wasn't precise enough. Just wanted to get to know what PAM models VSF is actually producing and which not.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Thanx for your answer, mate ;)

Oh maybe I wasn't precise enough. Just wanted to get to know what PAM models VSF is actually producing and which not.

Not a definitive list, just off the top of my head.

Have produced/still producing (only the factory can say whether they're still making a particular model)
PAM213
PAM312
PAM356
PAM320
PAM351
PAM382
PAM386
PAM388
PAM389
PAM438
PAM441
PAM498
PAM507
PAM505
PAM616
PAM661
PAM1312
PAM1356
PAM1389

Everything else, VSF has not produced.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
This is a photo that I have seen recently shared (the X probably stands for models out of stock and maybe out of production)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
This is a photo that I have seen recently shared (the X probably stands for models out of stock and maybe out of production)

B2-C39165-9-B75-4452-8-EA5-00-BBCCC1-B1-FA.jpg

Wow, the PAM904 is already out of stock just 3 months after release? Also why is the PAM213 not there? It was a very limited run but it's still a VSF release.

Last edited:

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
mysterio Don’t know. It’s a recent photo that I’ve seen some ntd are sharing. Maybe it’s only pre chinese ny what is on stock

Reactions: cwfmon and vcappp