• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 127 fiddy tells

jetguy

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
24/7/18
What are the top 5 tells on the latest Noob pam127 fiddy? The only things i can see (and they are pretty small) are one of the gold wheels inside should be brushed instead of the reps polished. The only other small thing on the noob is lack of eta stamp inside.
any other big ones im missing on the latest noob pam127 fiddy?

Vonn

15/11/16
Any true Paneristi can spot it from a blink on the movement. Just check what Marlin will do to a movement to make it more gen-like. Won’t tell you the stuff tho, do some research and you will see what I’m talking about. I recommend comparing high res pictures of the movement vs. rep.
Besides the other tell will be the Lume.

Reactions: d4v3

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Any true Paneristi can spot it from a blink on the movement. Just check what Marlin will do to a movement to make it more gen-like. Won’t tell you the stuff tho, do some research and you will see what I’m talking about. I recommend comparing high res pictures of the movement vs. rep.
Besides the other tell will be the Lume.

Cant wait for my Marlin to arrive :)

Vonn

15/11/16
Yup. He’s the hot stuff. Just couldn’t save up enough for one of his mods and I’m tempted in learning how to do some of it myself.
I guess using gen ETA parts is one way to go, it’s really a lot of effort to do everything.
The easiest mods would be with a Pre-V ETA based movement, the current in House movements might still fit some ETA parts, but getting your hands on high beat parts (gear train, balance wheel) is a tedious and expensive exercise.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Yup. He’s the hot stuff. Just couldn’t save up enough for one of his mods and I’m tempted in learning how to do some of it myself.
I guess using gen ETA parts is one way to go, it’s really a lot of effort to do everything.
The easiest mods would be with a Pre-V ETA based movement, the current in House movements might still fit some ETA parts, but getting your hands on high beat parts (gear train, balance wheel) is a tedious and expensive exercise.

So what are the chances that you'll meet a "true Paneristi"? Factor that into how much you're willing to invest in such upgrades.

Reactions: d4v3

Vonn

15/11/16
It’s more like for me. I don’t like the optics of a sloppy repped movement as I consider it to be some kind of art to rep a watch as close as possible. I put a solid back on my Noob 372 because looking at that 6497 being presented as P3000 just feels wrong.
I would actually consider putting a COSC ETA in a 111 and slap a solid caseback on it.

Well, I’m currently building one with similar specs right now. But that’s more to satisfy my carving for a “bomb-proof” self built watch. What’s worrying me about the proper P3000 rep movement is the availability of spare parts as I treat my PAMs as tool watches when hiking, motorcycling and stuff like that. So the availability of parts is crucial for me if I break stuff.

Basic line is that every dollar spent to modify a Noob V4 111 or likes is wasted as there is no need to pass of the watch as gen and you could just save up for a gen and realize that besides having a movement that’s supposed to have higher quality over the years of use there is no difference.

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
What are the top 5 tells on the latest Noob pam127 fiddy? The only things i can see (and they are pretty small) are one of the gold wheels inside should be brushed instead of the reps polished. The only other small thing on the noob is lack of eta stamp inside.
any other big ones im missing on the latest noob pam127 fiddy?

The rep looks brand new, too pristine.
127 has been discontinued over 10 years ago.

jetguy

INMATE
24/7/18
So, on the wrist would be a hard tell then?

jetguy

INMATE
24/7/18
About how much does it cost to have it modded?

jetguy

INMATE
24/7/18
After the mods, is it pretty much impossible to tell its a rep?

Vonn

15/11/16
If you really care about 1:1 gen looks and you want to impress even Paneristis if you pass it off as gen, you should get a P-factory 127. They are pretty hard to get, but overall the closest one can get.
Normal people wouldn’t even know if you showed them a low quality rep.