• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM01039 Luna Rossa Challenger Submersible

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
That sailcloth on the dial will be tough -- there are some other models in the line which may be achievable if they can get that dial right ...

Reactions: johnlogan

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
The Sub GMT PAM1039 would be the easier one to do by the rep factories. Case and movement already exists.
VSF pls do it, i will take it :p

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I wonder how durable that sailcloth dial is on the GEN over time. I would imagine sunlight would take its toll over time.

Reactions: replikmaster

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I wonder how durable that sailcloth dial is on the GEN over time. I would imagine sunlight would take its toll over time.

Which I guess is kind of the cool part, right? Watch nerds go crazy over tropical or radium burn dials and bronze cases, so they are building a sub-market following for the patina developed with volatile materials ... could be brilliant or might be an absolute disaster. I’m just glad I’m not the warranty underwriter haha.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

Maybe the sailcloth has been treated to at least slow down the effects of exposure to the sun. As far as I have seen, the sails of the Luna Rossa are white (and red) and not actually black. Maybe the dial's dark color is probably a clue that the sailcloth has been pre-treated.

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Both could be right, there are some "liquid glass" resins that develop UV protection after curing.
I think it's needed to provide the abbility to be cut and printed with such small characters..
(like plexiglass)

A light beige cloth should darken like been wet but i think that used on a thin alu dial that also darken its' color.
I can't imagine a non durable part from panerai or an easiest procedure to be handled.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
look at that date window, looks like a rep almost LOL

You mean this picture?
jLtwG.jpg

The time might be approaching midnight, hence the date is starting to move down the date window.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
its approaching 12pm, will be getting ready for date change......

12PM is noon so not yet time for a date change. 12AM is midnight. However, because there are some who would be confused, it is generally suggested to use 12 noon and 12 midnight, instead of 12PM and 12AM. ;)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Saw a low to mid-range rep of the PAM1039 Luna Rossa. 2-layer Carbotech case, dial made to look like sailcloth I guess and using a 21J movement. Does it signal the high-end version is coming? Let's hope. :D

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

Must be repped!!!

I was looking at this watch the other day on a different forum or ina listing and there was just a small pic of the caseback and when I looked at it, I kept seeing a kitchen knife. After that, whenever I looked at it, that is all I could see.

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Saw a low to mid-range rep of the PAM1039 Luna Rossa. 2-layer Carbotech case, dial made to look like sailcloth I guess and using a 21J movement. Does it signal the high-end version is coming? Let's hope. :D

I had heard from the offset that there had been plans to release the luna Rossa

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Is this one coming out soon? If so I will wait as I love the red ascents.