• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First rep purchase, PAM?

SamBarker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/1/19
Hey all and good morning & evening.

One of my first posts and decided to join the forum in hope to seek more knowledge in the rep-world and especially in Panerais.

So I’m thinking my first rep HAS to be a PAM. Any suggestions on a good first go to?
no preferences, just which model pops up in your head first.

All the best

SamBarker

3/1/19
Haha I know. I remember seeing a Panerai many years ago and the look is still stuck in my head. I think it’s time to pull the trigger for one soon. The PAM111 looks like a good first model!

Reactions: superspark69

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Haha I know. I remember seeing a Panerai many years ago and the look is still stuck in my head. I think it’s time to pull the trigger for one soon. The PAM111 looks like a good first model!

If you want a larger case the Noob 127 is amazing, one of my favourites, also a super rep.

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Theres also been quite a few 111's in the M2M sales over the past couple of weeks so you could pick one up from there.

SamBarker

3/1/19
That’s true, a lot of people letting go of 111’s. I will keep a look out. I think 44mm is the way to go as my wrist is 6.6 inches. One day I might have the balls to sport a 47mm haha

fettyrepz

MULTI ACCOUNT
20/8/15
UK - MK
Can't go wrong with a PAM. The most accurate reps out there. Loads to choose from just make sure to upgrade the strap as the ones from factories have a weird smell to them.

Reactions: SamBarker

SamBarker

3/1/19
I also saw the the PAM626 looks pretty clean, but at only 42mm and abit thinner. Is that a model which has a reliable rep or is a 44mm such as the PAM111 more of a reliable watch in terms of movement and appearance?

Chillo

18/12/18
If you ever do go for a 47mm, have a look at the 372...it's one of my personal favourites

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
I have the 312. Imo Pams look best when they are simple. Be warned though, after wearing one for a while all your other watches you thought were a good size will suddenly feel puny.

Reactions: superspark69

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
This is a decent list super rep PAMs, there are probably a couple more that aren’t listed but a good simple list to look at, most of them are hard to come by as they are no longer in production and can only be picked up from members selling theirs. Then have a look at Ales panerai guide which is much more in depth and gives you grades for all the reps not just the ones classed as super reps.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...sion/308081-consensual-list-super-reps-nwbigs

ales guide https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ca-search-identification-evaluation-selection

SamBarker

3/1/19
Thanks SuperSpark69 for those guides, so much information. Big up to the people behind them!

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
I have the 312. Imo Pams look best when they are simple. Be warned though, after wearing one for a while all your other watches you thought were a good size will suddenly feel puny.

This is true... I have a gen PAM088 that was my first Panerai and I had convinced myself that 44mm would be way too large for my 8" wrist - until I tried it on... It has become one of my favorites and definitely one of the most comfortable watches I own. Recently purchased a PAM286 rep and even with the 1950 case it just feels great on the wrist.

I agree with the above sentiments regarding the PAM111 - great way to kick off the habit...