• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***The NEW Panerai wristies thread*** post your PAM pics here!

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
A kind and helpful soul just wrote a pm asking about the bezel markers in this one.

Now that I got the Q, it’s impossible not to notice: the bezel markers are HUGE on this one.

Anyone know of factories (cheap crap or otherwise) that did this in the past? It seems a weird thing for a factory to get wrong.

Would love to hear from anyone that knows more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to pick your 243 apart, but I also noticed the 15, 30, 45 markers and the dial printing was also less 'crisp'... I can't say that I've ever seen one with a bezel like this.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
2ee9bedadb3ce7dda672fc3d416d6961.jpg
d68aec89044fe3cf861f4e81e1d1cf3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrsullivan

Kandinsky

Renowned Member
2/4/20
I don't want to pick your 243 apart, but I also noticed the 15, 30, 45 markers and the dial printing was also less 'crisp'... I can't say that I've ever seen one with a bezel like this.

It’s all good, we are among friends. Said person from the pm found a review from 2008 that seem to have this one ;)

Let’s say, it’s not quite NWBIG, ha ha ha...

Kandinsky

Renowned Member
2/4/20
Okay, a lot of helpful friends and knowledgeable paneristas. Last post of this 243 today, but for the ones following, it appears to be a cheap (back then, not necessarily for me ;)) version that probably predates hfac and noob. Pre 2008.

Several large and small tells.

So I bought a lemon, but I’ve taken very good care of this lemon and it’s now serviced and waterproofed, so some sweet lemonade for me on the horizon.

The way I see it: this is truly vintage. I’m sure it’s almost unique these days.

Thank you all for the insights and help. It’s a nice place to be!

3a99e01a029a32287063c6009bf92247.jpg

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
i m waiting for this watch from puretime , the break down have stopped everything and I have to wait i think till the end of march.....looking at yours make me hungry....and angry...:)))

You were very lucky to find one.
Does he have it in stock?
They were discontinued.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Okay, a lot of helpful friends and knowledgeable paneristas. Last post of this 243 today, but for the ones following, it appears to be a cheap (back then, not necessarily for me ;)) version that probably predates hfac and noob. Pre 2008.

Several large and small tells.

So I bought a lemon, but I’ve taken very good care of this lemon and it’s now serviced and waterproofed, so some sweet lemonade for me on the horizon.

The way I see it: this is truly vintage. I’m sure it’s almost unique these days.

Thank you all for the insights and help. It’s a nice place to be!

Keep on enjoying it in good health. Still probably worth more than you paid :clap_1:

Nottingham

15/6/19
Oh yeah, all my watches looks well beat up, ha ha ha

I realize that mine says T on the dial and the one below says L.

No idea what that means. Mode? Year? Any info?

(As much as I like Pam’s and watches, I don’t go deep. I know very little about the details)

T stands for tritium luminous paste witch was radioactive material whereas L stands for luminova witch isn't radioactive . Tritium dials are older séries and highly collectible on gens