• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

382 bronzo new version is out

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The bronzo with tobacco dial and marching bezel is anticipated for the 2019 SIHH. Very interested in that release and would be stoked if it had the quick-change hour function but not counting on it ...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Maybe you meant the PAM907 but that is only a tobacco dial bronzo. The bezel is still the same bronze one without any ceramic inserts. Or did you mean the bezel matched the case? :)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The 907 London would be nice as well, but I’m talking about the one here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/sho....php?t=7152781

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Can't open the link from my PC.
Here's the link accessible from PC.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/panerai/7152781-new-bronzo

Update:
Got it. Link opens in Tapa but curiously not on the PC. I remember that Bronzo but other than that post never read about it again, even in Risti so forgot about it. :lol: It didn't get too much attention compared to the Guillaume edition (which probably was due because of the new Panerai CEO mentioning it).

Last edited:

boutsk

Known Member
17/4/17

This is mine. Nothing wrong with alignment. The most common issue with these 382 is the bezel alignment and the position of the pearl which is usually placed not exactly at 12 but at 12:01'-12:02'

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: PAM1983

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I remember that Bronzo but other than that post never read about it again, even in Risti so forgot about it. :lol: It didn't get too much attention compared to the Guillaume edition (which probably was due because of the new Panerai CEO mentioning it).

You're right -- the Guillaume edition has taken a lot of oxygen. This one is supposedly still on for release at SIHH this year, so we'll see if it makes an appearance and renews enthusiasm. We shall see ...

Otherwise, the alignment on this new 382 rep looks much better indeed!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
You're right -- the Guillaume edition has taken a lot of oxygen. This one is supposedly still on for release at SIHH this year, so we'll see if it makes an appearance and renews enthusiasm. We shall see ...

11 days to go until SIHH2019. ;)

boutsk

Known Member
17/4/17

Not necessarily. The first sample of v2 had also issues with bezel black markers and misaligned pearl and I had to reject it.

Sent from the RWI App

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Davidsen and Sean confirmed the updated 671. :)

But it seams we will have to wait after CNY.

mmm8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/16
Did they say what exact will be the upgrades?

And do you mean Sean or Sead? (Don’t know who Sean is).

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
XF = VSF = V6F = KWF same factory/maker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: applez

Rutger

18/8/13
This is what I mean (an old v1)
DSC-0669.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

To me it often seems that the bezel is just not turned right. You can even see that the 5 min dots on the bezel are off too (compared to the dial) because of this. And how can this v1 be worse than your now good model when the lume dot is in the exact same spot. Just against the 1 min marker. When i look at pics i feel like the 30 min marker is often off on bezels instead. But i have this with gen pams too. Must be an optical illusion of some sort.

I rotated the pic and put some white lines on your pic to show what i mean.
qInm0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

boutsk

Known Member
17/4/17
I'd tried to rotate the bezel and then 30' marker was not centered. The red thread starts from the center of 30' marker, it goes through the cannon pinion, then between 12' markers so it had to stop in the middle of the pearl. I think vsf screwed up with the bronzo bezels. I examined almost every 382 picture of this forum and it is a common issue. I know that sometimes bezel markers looks to have different potition than the dial markers and this happens because the watch has depth. But the pearl must be at the center of the bezel and 30' bezel marker too.

Sent from the RWI App

Rutger

18/8/13
I'd tried to rotate the bezel and then 30' marker was not centered. The red thread starts from the center of 30' marker, it goes through the cannon pinion, then between 12' markers so it had to stop in the middle of the pearl. I think vsf screwed up with the bronzo bezels. I examined almost every 382 picture of this forum and it is a common issue. I know that sometimes bezel markers looks to have different potition than the dial markers and this happens because the watch has depth. But the pearl must be at the center of the bezel and 30' bezel marker too.

Sent from the RWI App
When i rotate the pic so the bezel is turned right and draw a cross there appears to be nothing wrong with it. Must be something else that makes stuff appear wrong. More likely the 6 hour marker is off.

qJtlL.jpg

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Ive had a couple where I have had to realign either the 6 or 12 batons on the dial, they were ever so slightly off which made it look odd. not a hard job if you're brave enough to do it......

boutsk

Known Member
17/4/17
When i rotate the pic so the bezel is turned right and draw a cross there appears to be nothing wrong with it. Must be something else that makes stuff appear wrong. More likely the 6 hour marker is off.

qJtlL.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If you see better, the red thread is placed exactly at the gap between the 12' markers. Make a zoom, the white line touches (or better is placed over) the right marker. Believe me, there is nothing like this in my current 382 (I had to reject 1-2 watches though). That was looking really bad in real, screaming rep

boutsk

Known Member
17/4/17
From your point of view, may the dial markers are not properly placed and this makes the bezel looks wrong.

Sent from the RWI App

Rutger

18/8/13
I don't think your red wire is completely straight due to the crystal radius when i compare it to my pc drawn lines. But i can't quite put my finger on it yet to whats off in some models. I'd imagine that they use some CNC mill to make the bezels. Hard to fuck that up. So how are these dial markers placed on it? Do they just glue them to the dial with a template in the factory or are there guide holes punched in the dial like the real brands use. Cause a bad dial seems more likely to me than the bezel.

Or could it be that the hidden bezel gear doesn't allow it to be turned perfectly. I did find an old thread on repgeek talking about this being an issue with PAM382 reps in 2014. The solution was to shorten the spring under the bezel. Also some nice pics showing the inside construction of the bezel. You can also see that the 15, 30, 45 etc markers are put in with screws and easily fixable if they are not turned perfectly. But i'm not sure if VSF is using the same construction.

I am just trying to figure out the possible issues in this model cause i'm interested in ordering one.