• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM111 brought back from the dead!

Duane Stinson

1/10/18
Bought this beat up not running H-FAC PAM 111 from redroom (Thank you!!) for $110.
About 10 hours of work later it is beautiful. Torn down the movement and fixed the set lever. Then cleaned and oiled it. Sanded and polished the crown wheel, ratchet wheel and screws (they where marred up a bit). Re-finished the brushed finish on the crown guard, case back and buckle. Sanded the case and removed all the scratches, nicks and polished it. Waxed and polished the band. A lot of work but it came out great!

i4BKD.jpg

i4rGh.jpg

iaVYU.jpg

ia6U8.jpg

iayK2.jpg

iaK43.jpg

iazPb.jpg

iaIYd.jpg

iaCcZ.jpg

iacaR.jpg

ia0Pg.jpg

iakKa.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Seefeld

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
amazing work! when you sanded the case you also removed the sapphire crystal, right?

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
I’ve just bought one back to life too, got the v4 noob 111 for £40 and not working, turns out the balance bridge was loose. Now fully serviced and good as new :drinks_cheers:

Reactions: Duane Stinson

Duane Stinson

1/10/18
amazing work! when you sanded the case you also removed the sapphire crystal, right?

No, I did not need to sand the bezel very must. very light scratches. The case was a different story. Crystal is GTG.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
No, I did not need to sand the bezel very must. very light scratches. The case was a different story. Crystal is GTG.

Give me some advice, How did you polished the bezel without removing the AR coating on the crystal?