• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Some questions about my first PAM...

abracadabra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/18
I chose to buy the PAM127. It has a very interesting story and I like dome glass. I noticed that in the ALE7575's guide the "2015 updates" speak of the KW-V6Fac version as the best choice (for several aspects better than the last noob version). Where can I buy it? Do you know a comparison between the latest Noob version, the KW-V6Fac and the genuine? (https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/67386-ales-reference-pam-review-guide/&page=5) Which seller is faster and more accurate in shipments?

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
That’s because the new noob one wasn’t out then and it hasn’t been updated, the new noob is the best version

abracadabra

12/12/18
I read in the "quality control" section of the forum that some sellers have sent fake PAM111 noob v4. I'm going to buy from intime (because it seems to me the most used by users of the forum) or davidsen (because it seems to me a friendly person, but he asked me more money).
Then I ask you ... is it possible to have the security that a seller does not send you a "noob frankestein v3/4"?
Have you requested photos before making the purchase?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I read in the "quality control" section of the forum that some sellers have sent fake PAM111 noob v4. I'm going to buy from intime (because it seems to me the most used by users of the forum) or davidsen (because it seems to me a friendly person, but he asked me more money).
Then I ask you ... is it possible to have the security that a seller does not send you a "noob frankestein v3/4"?
Have you requested photos before making the purchase?

It is not the seller's (TDs) fault. They will only send you what the factory gives them. As far as I know, there has not been any consistent release of the actual V4 replica. It will appear sometimes but more often than not you will receive a V3 with some V4 upgrades. specifically the movement. You don't require photos before sending money. They would need to get the watch first from the factory in most cases and they cannot get that for free. They would need to get your payment first.

As for rejecting on the basis of it not being a V4, like I said, the V4 has not been released in a consistent manner. To bother the TDs with rejection on that basis alone, I would rather suggest you don't buy at all. The V2 already was a super rep. Latter versions are only minor upgrades (except for the Y-incabloc update on the V4 which was the biggest tell on the movement). Also, even owning a V4, people would still be able to point out tells in your watch so a V4 is still not perfect, it is still a rep at the end of the day. The sooner you can accept that fact, the happier you will be with your purchase.

abracadabra

12/12/18
sorry but I think I made a mistake ... reading the posts of the forum I understood that the moderators of the forum must always answer the same questions ... questions that I myself have done!
Thank you for still responding to me.
I'm informing you by reading your posts, your guides and tutorials ...
The clarity on the features of the V4 is difficult to define ...

But I can define what I expect by looking at the watches (probabily V4) I saw from the members ... definitely a movement with Y-incablock; the engraving of the inscription "Officine Panerai" must be subtle and definite; the top of the lugs defined (without exceeding material at the top); the "slim" crown. I do not know if I have done my homework correctly ... studying your answers to other users ... but if I'm not mistaken this is what you call an excellent rep. probably this will be what I will ask Davidsen ... Explaining that I am not in a hurry to get a watch ... and that if he has no pam111 noob watches with these characteristics can directly not send it to me.