• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Some questions about my first PAM...

abracadabra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/18
Hi, I'm a student of architecture and for hobby (and for money) I'm a watchmaker.

I would like to buy my first Panerai replica.
I am undecided between:
- PAM127 "fiddy" Noob (which seems to me the box is the most faithful to the original);
- PAM390 Noob (also particularly accurate).

Which one do you recommend between the two?

Which seller site would you recommend to me?

I also contacted Merlin (at: [email protected]) without getting an answer.
I would like to know from you ...
What changes does Merlin make on the speakers in the case of PAM127 (I think it uses the version of Noob factory)?
And on the 6497 movement?
I ask because I started a few years ago practicing on the movements eta 6497 so I would try to make some adjustments myself.

ps: I tried to find some genuine Panerai parts like hands and dials ... but I did not find anything at all. Which replicas would you recommend for the 390 and 127 models?

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
A PAM111 from Noob is still available and is considered a Super-Rep there are useful guides on here that point out what are considered Super-Reps and NWBIG (not worth buying in gen).

abracadabra

12/12/18
thanks for the tip ... I find the PAM111 very interesting.
mmmhhh! but the 390 and 127 will not be available again in the future?

abracadabra

12/12/18
I have already read some general guide like Ale7575's Panerai guide and the specific comparison about PAM Luminor 44mm CASE-SETS. Do you have any other to suggest?

abracadabra

12/12/18
I've been in contact with Davidsen for at least a year ... to keep me updated on the models he's modifying. Do you know if this is his real address: [email protected]? Lately I had the impression to chatting with a false identity.

abracadabra

12/12/18
Which box do you recommend between PAM127 noob and PAM111 v4 noob? which of these is considered more similar to the original? If the case of the PAM111 and PAM390 were the same I could opt for the PAM111 and then convert it to the PAM390 by purchasing a new movement. Right?

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Both are Super-reps so they are both true to the original. Pam390 and 111 are the same movement (6497), but different dials, one is sandwich with seconds at 9 the other is the base dial with sausage lume.

abracadabra

12/12/18
which seller do you recommend? (Puretime.io intime03.co toro.host)
or someone else?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I've been in contact with Davidsen for at least a year ... to keep me updated on the models he's modifying. Do you know if this is his real address: [email protected]? Lately I had the impression to chatting with a false identity.

That's David San's email yes.

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Ive bought both the 127 and 111 from pure time and highly recommend, just be patient at this time due to the factories operating slower due to recent raids.

Reactions: abracadabra

abracadabra

12/12/18
if my choice will be the PAM111 v4 noob, to which I will replace the dial (I think of the H factory) and the crown (too different from the genuine).
while for some adjustments of the case (as the wrong crown guard shape, the crown pin not flush) I think I can do it myself.
if my choice is the PAM127 in your opinion the dial and case have the same problems?