• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 127 REP

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Did you try to even read the PAM Review Reference Guide? All the information that you need is there. Anyway, TLDR, Noob is best.

Reactions: kuehlschrank

abracadabra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/18
Did you try to even read the PAM Review Reference Guide? All the information that you need is there. Anyway, TLDR, Noob is best.

Hi, I noticed that in the ALE7575's guide the "2015 updates" speak of the KW-V6Fac version as the best choice (for several aspects better than the last noob version). Where can I buy it? Do you know a comparison between the latest Noob version, the KW-V6Fac and the genuine? (https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/...-guide/&page=5)

abracadabra

12/12/18
moreover ... the version of PAM127 and PAM111 available for sale on site like puretime, intime and toro... in your opinion, is the latest release of noob factory?

Reactions: Kolosovsky

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Hi, I noticed that in the ALE7575's guide the "2015 updates" speak of the KW-V6Fac version as the best choice (for several aspects better than the last noob version). Where can I buy it? Do you know a comparison between the latest Noob version, the KW-V6Fac and the genuine? (https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/...-guide/&page=5)

The 2015 updated version lists the KW-V6F as the best choice but only because (if you read carefully), the Noob had stopped production of its PAM127. The Noob PAM127 which was re-released this year eliminates that "flaw" and now also has the Y-incabloc mod. It is the latest if you check what date they were released.

ZF - July 2015
SF - August 2015
V6F - July 2016
Noob - March 2018

So best version? Yes. Latest version? Also yes.

abracadabra

12/12/18
thank you so much ... you are absolutely kind ... and sorry if I make any mistake in writing the posts or reading the guides... in the translation I definitely lost something.
However, if a seller makes you pay more for something the difference must be if it is not a scam...

For example if I buy a PAM127 at $400 for the version to be released in March 2018 and they send me that of 2016 (or previous) is not correct.
At least it becomes a seller who does not do what he promises, therefore inadvisable publicly in the forum (I don't think this is the case with Intime and Davidsen).

Or if I buy the version of the PAM111 with features like the incablock Y and I get it without incablock ... I'd be screwed.

I'm a watchmaker just for a few years and I have and reading the merlin guides I would like to correct the movement with some parts of the genuine eta movement (surely they are simpler jobs than the replacement of the staff in a balance wheel or the replacement of the pallets of the fork).

I wasn't interested in perfection on the case, but I would like a good starting point to work on.
Could you send me a link where I can appreciate the differences between the PAM111 v3 and the PAM111 v4 (or maybe detailed photos on what you consider v4) so ​​as to be clear with the seller?
or a comparison link between the version of PAM127 noob 2016 vs 2018 for the same reason?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The Y-incabloc which is common to both watches should be easily identifiable.

Not a Y-incabloc (see the red circle for the pivot of the balance wheel and the dagger/lever, the cut looks like a letter "I",
SN-FIGURA1-GENERALSWANNECK-POSICION-DEFINITIVO.jpg

A Y-incabloc (see same area, one side has an arc cut, which along with the straight cut on the other side makes the cut look like a "Y" hence the name)
SN-FIGURA2-ORIGINAL.jpg

Reactions: Ticktick

abracadabra

12/12/18
Ok, the swan neck in v4 is rounded near the screws or is this the image of the genuine?

abracadabra

12/12/18
about the case... the thinner bezel, the centered axis, the shape of the guard lever ... more ... ps: I ask because I'm a perfectionist ... but I would like to help in the Quality Control section forum... I understand who would like an opinion.

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
about the case... the thinner bezel, the centered axis, the shape of the guard lever ... more ... ps: I ask because I'm a perfectionist ... but I would like to help in the Quality Control section forum... I understand who would like an opinion.

Its a REP it will never be perfect

abracadabra

12/12/18
Ok... sorry but I'm not looking for perfection...
I'm just curious and I want to learn how to recognize differences.

I learned that:
- in both cases (for both PAM111 and PAM127) there is the Y-incablock system.

In the PAM111 case the v4 version has
- swan neck movement more similar to age movements;
- the engraving "Officine Panerai" is more subtle and precise;
- the "Cote de Geneve" is plus "shining";
- the crown is more "thin";
- the guard crown lever is more accurate (I think it is meant in the shape);
- the case has a nice lug contours;
- i'dont understand the different about the cushion shape edge (?).

In the PAM127 case ??? I could not find pages that talked about it ...
So how do I recognize a PAM127 2018 case?

abracadabra

12/12/18
ps: why do not the forum members use the like button? ... I did it in all the forum tutorials I read ... but I'm alone!?! I was wrong ... or did not I understand something?

Reactions: Ticktick