• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM382 - this watch is a rock star!

nikos1974

29/11/10
Unfortunately the pearl and markers are the biggest tell it's a rep. Gen has totally white ones. I dont understand why they don't fix it

Last edited:

trigo

Horology Curious
24/7/18
I don't know why the PAM382 from VSF V2 is not considered a super rep, the pearl of my watch seems just as white as the gen. Also the bronze seems to patina like gen too.

Even so it's a great piece, mine is with my local watchsmith right now, it had some rattling noise coming from the rotor. He said that the movement is really well made, but it was bone dry and dirty... he is also changing the gaskets to make the wach waterproof, they are really poor quality and have not been greased. So i advise that if you wan't to keep it working for a long, take it for a service.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I don't know why the PAM382 from VSF V2 is not considered a super rep, the pearl of my watch seems just as white as the gen. Also the bronze seems to patina like gen too.

Even so it's a great piece, mine is with my local watchsmith right now, it had some rattling noise coming from the rotor. He said that the movement is really well made, but it was bone dry and dirty... he is also changing the gaskets to make the wach waterproof, they are really poor quality and have not been greased. So i advise that if you wan't to keep it working for a long, take it for a service.

The biggest difference REP vs GEN is the hour markers. GEN have a more prominent egde whereas the REP has thinner edges. Def nothing that people will pick up, This is considered a super REP, great watch all around.

Reactions: nocarrir

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Unfortunately the pearl and markers are the biggest tell it's a rep. Gen has totally white ones. I dont understand why they don't fix it

But then these are pictures of the gen as well and the markers and pearl do not look white at all.
3418018_xxl.jpg

1339372_xxl.jpg

8954423_xxl.jpg

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
But then these are pictures of the gen as well and the markers and pearl do not look white at all.
3418018_xxl.jpg

1339372_xxl.jpg

8954423_xxl.jpg

My loom dots are 1:1 with GEN, 12 o'clock bezel marker is a tad darker than the GEN but nothing alarming. This posters claim carry very little weight.

Reactions: VonSlate

trigo

Horology Curious
24/7/18
My loom dots are 1:1 with GEN, 12 o'clock bezel marker is a tad darker than the GEN but nothing alarming. This posters claim carry very little weight.

my lume looks 1:1 with gen too, including the bezel pearl... it's kind off dependant on the ambient lights.

Reactions: johnlogan

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
For me the biggest « issue » was the shape of the G from the CG.
But this is an awesome rep imho, I will take another one next year for the spring/summer.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
For me the biggest « issue » was the shape of the G from the CG.
But this is an awesome rep imho, I will take another one next year for the spring/summer.

I wish I only had those kind of “issues” :)

Last edited:

Lliu31

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/2/17
NYC
Was planning on picking this exact one up. Thank you for affirming my purchase and sharing your opinion.

Reactions: WarRoom