• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam111 doa

Sapphire2408

Horology Curious
14/2/17
I ended up sending the watch back to the TD, following their advice about the courier (Royal Mail from the UK) and how to mark (low value and toy for repair).
I posted it out on 05NOV18. It arrived in Beijing & cleared customs by 11NOV18 and has been in a Postal Branch Processing Centre in Gaungzhou since 16NOV18.
I'm starting to get a bit anxious about the time it's spent there (almost a week). Is this usual? Should I resist the urge to call China Post (The Courier it is now with)?
It made it to the other side of the globe in 10 days and just the last few miles is taking almost the same so far :-/

Completely normal. My watch took around 16 days to be handed over to the factory (from my house), where it's gonna be repaired. Then, after 7 days, the TD hasn't it gotten back from them, yet. I definitely wouldn't go as far as saying your watch will be worse than before, since the watch is handed back over to the guys who put it together. So it's all gonna be good eventually - just be patient. My package (via registered air mail) was far from being packed well and it arrived without further issues.

Customs in china are never a problem - except for bigger parcels via DHL, EMS etc. Even in EU, registered air mail goes through without a blink of the eye. Sending it to another dude is way riskier. TD's have a reputation to defend.

Small advice from my side : NEVER bring your watch to a watchmaker thats been around for a while. I just wanted them to waterproof my rep rolex and they kept it there for inspection whether it's legit or not. After an hour, I came back in to get it back and they were still inspecting it, finding clues on it being fake or not. They didn't know, they just couldn't believe a 22 years old guy to have a rolex.

Last edited:

HSN

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/17
UPDATE:
The watch is STILL stuck at "Guangzhou Baiyun District Postal Office":
"市白云区机场路邮政支局处理中心"

It's been there for a total of 11 days now which has me rather worried...

Has anyone had a hold up for this long in a local postal centre?

I've contacted Royal Mail (courier I sent it with, before it moved in to the hands of China Post once in Beijng) and they've reassured me that, as it is insured, if it is not received by 11DEC18 (5 weeks from posting) that they will reimburse me the value of the item...Only catch is I need to send proof of what it's worth.
I have the CC statement and a receipt from the TD but am worried that if I supply these it may implicate me and/or the TD.

What would be advised if it came to this?

Russ99

Known Member
2/6/13
Just an idea but have you dropped the TD a message. They could, at least, either reassure you that this is normal, go and get it or let you know there`s a problem.

As others have said they do have some odd things happen there, it`s always the way. They travel the greatest distances really quickly. It`s the end journey that seems to take forever.

Good luck with it all.

HSN

19/2/17
Thanks for the advice Russ99. I've emailed the TD to ask whether this is unusual.
I'll suggest he go and check with the sorting office too just in case they postage label has come away

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
China logistics is a weirdo in a kind.
they can have parcel ship around and out of china like super fast but extremely slow move for item from aboard.

Since the watch is tracked and insured, good luck and just wait I guess :)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
It is not unusual for a package shipped back to China to take that long. But if you followed the instructions on how to send it back to a T, then your TD will have it eventually. Yeah, weird shipping China has when receiving inbound packages from overseas, maybe the customs in Shenzhen/Guangzhou is overloaded with incoming packages.

HSN

19/2/17
Thank you for your reassurance everyone. I did follow the TDs guidelines (which I've just double checked and as a result means the parcel is only insured for a fraction of the value of the watch!)
I do hope that it gets delivered!

Sapphire2408

Horology Curious
14/2/17
Well, its end of november and people all over the world are ordering stuff from China for christmas. Relax. Once it's in China, it's gonna be delivered. Mine was stuck there for a while as well. But you won't get it back for a while. The factory usually needs 1-2 weeks until the watch gets handed back to the TD. Don't expect to get it back before end of December.

Last edited:

HSN

19/2/17
UPDATE: Just to keep everyone in the loop (and also for anyone who stumbles on this thread in the future)...
The TD has confirmed receipt of the watch on 01DEC18 and has confirmed that they will have it repaired.

I believe that they had to collect the watch from the Baiyun District Postal Processing Centre...it had been there since 16NOV18.

HSN

19/2/17
@ Rubberman: Oh yes definitely so!

The TD really went out of their way to collect the watch. Certainly worthy of being trusted!

HSN

19/2/17
UPDATE:
I got an email from the TD yesterday morning (12DEC18) advising that the watch has now been repaired!
Just waiting for them to post it now & forward the tracking number :)

Tickman

Known Member
21/4/16
Glad to hear the TD is taking care of you. With Noob only producing 2 models now from what I have heard, is there more possibility of QC issues on these PAMs than before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSN

19/2/17
UPDATE: The postman just delivered this to me this morning!! :)
I can't thank the TD Ryan @ InTime enough for their support in getting this sorted.

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
That's why so are TDs while others are not :)

Wear her in good health!

TudorMonkey

21/6/18
The TD has confirmed receipt of the watch on 01DEC18 and has confirmed that they will have it repaired.

I believe that they had to collect the watch from the Baiyun District Postal Processing Centre...it had been there since 16NOV18.

I suspect that they only go and collect from postal centre once a month, since it might be a distance away. That's why it's 01 December.
​​​​​​Meaning if your watch arrived at postal centre on 02 Nov, then may have to wait until the next bulk collection date one month later.

Anyway congratulations on your watch's rebirth, and Merry Christmas!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Postal services are notoriously slow. I get notifications that packages from all over has cleared customs inspection yet I won't be able to pick it up from the local post office (which I get a notification from the PO) until a good 2 weeks later. But registered mail is better (and much safer) than express so I just accept that as a fact of rep life.