• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam111 doa

HSN

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/17
Hi guys,
I just received a beautiful PAM111 Noob v4 but unfortunately just cannot coax it in to life :-(
I've wound the crown until it "clicks" but still nothing.
oddly, the timegraph I received confirmed it to be working before it was sent...
I've looked in the back and cannot see any missing screws either. Am I doing something wrong???

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
ki9E0.md.jpg

The micro adjust screw is missing !! Look at the dagger top left centre of movement coming from incabloc ,there is a plate above it with two screws , there should be a long screw that is set behind plate and runs down to dagger ( if that makes sense) . It is missing ! My guess it was there during QC and has come loose during shipping , and is now sitting somewhere in movement not visible , preventing movement from working . I wouldn't wind it anymore , you could break movement, it needs the screw found and put back , then go from there .

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
Yeah the regulation screw is missing. If your in the usa and wanna do a catch and release im intrested :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo
Open up the caseback and give it a few shakes above a towel or something. That screw is tiny and if it falls out, you want to see it. Once you retrieve it, just put it back in. It is likely inside the movement and preventing something from moving.

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
yes it's probably the micro screw. It will most probably be blocking the balance. So if you can open the caseback, do as Rickjames111 suggested, bar trying to put it back in unless you have done it few times before. It has no function on the rep so just put it in your parts bin. These buggers are often loose inside the swan neck assembly as I have found out.
Good luck!

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
if you dont have experience I wouldn't try to put it back but leave it as is if the watch is running... don't turn the crown anymore because if the screw is between the gears, it will mess up your watch...if in the Netherlands, send it to me and I will fix it for free if I can...

HSN

19/2/17
Thank you so very much for your insight everyone!
I can't see the screw through the rear display so it must be caught inside somewhere.
Ironically, the parcel it came in was labelled as "broken toy watch for repair" :p

Also, I've looked back at the QC pics and see that there is no micro screw in the pics. Do some TDs remove them before sending???

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

It looks like the screw was missing even from the QC pictures. Now the question is, there was no screw or was the screw dislodged and it's inside the watch. Very different situations with very different outcomes.

HSN

19/2/17
UPDATE:
Just had an email form the TD from who I got the watch.
He asked me to return so it can be repaired by the Factory (Noob)...

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
UPDATE:
Just had an email form the TD from who I got the watch.
He asked me to return so it can be repaired by the Factory (Noob)...

Just follow the instructions of the TD to the letter. Sometimes shipments get lost because members diverge from the instructions given to them. Remember that the TD will not ship you a new watch if your watch gets lost in the shipping back to them (please confirm). Good luck (cause it's going to be a long wait).

ElCapitano

28/11/16
Where the Dutch live
Just follow the instructions of the TD to the letter. Sometimes shipments get lost because members diverge from the instructions given to them. Remember that the TD will not ship you a new watch if your watch gets lost in the shipping back to them (please confirm). Good luck (cause it's going to be a long wait).

Good advice! And yes, it will be a long wait. Had a similar issue and my 372 is on a 3 months trip as we speak.

HSN

19/2/17
Thank you for your advice mysterio.
Is it likely that the watch will be repaired rather than replaced?
Shall I take it to a watch Smith myself?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Thank you for your advice mysterio.
Is it likely that the watch will be repaired rather than replaced?
Shall I take it to a watch Smith myself?

It all depends on the condition of the movement. If the screw has not damaged it (or the damage is minimal) then it will just be repaired (meaning, they remove the screw and put it where it should go). If the movement has been damaged badly, then the movement may be replaced. I doubt the factory will replace the entire watch though.

HSN

19/2/17
I ended up sending the watch back to the TD, following their advice about the courier (Royal Mail from the UK) and how to mark (low value and toy for repair).
I posted it out on 05NOV18. It arrived in Beijing & cleared customs by 11NOV18 and has been in a Postal Branch Processing Centre in Gaungzhou since 16NOV18.
I'm starting to get a bit anxious about the time it's spent there (almost a week). Is this usual? Should I resist the urge to call China Post (The Courier it is now with)?
It made it to the other side of the globe in 10 days and just the last few miles is taking almost the same so far :-/

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Be patient my friend. I returned a defective watch to the TD and the whole process took over 3 months.

3 month wait time to repair a watch in some greasy Chinese shed, is exactly why I would never send a watch back to China.

Not to mention customs risks both ways.

Next time, you’re better sending the watch to a forum modder and getting a full service, so you can be sure it’ll be good for many years.

A Chinese shed repaired watch could break any time as far as I’m concerned.