• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai just updated their site, & you can buy online now

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
Very nicely done, there's one Lo Scienzato for sale too :)
They forgot to mention the Stallone story though lol

Reactions: The Rod and Rush

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I'm sure most members here aren't particularly interested in the news. :lol:

Reactions: Natas78

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Untrue, as soon as they list a Luminor base for under two grand I'll be jumping on it!;)

Two grand for even a Luminor Base on P.com? Well good luck just don't hold your breath. It would be a waste of a totally good member. :lol:

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
Had a look at some of the new models at the local AD, and very much unimpressed... So sad to have a brand that appeals to so many people because of their history and then lose that client base almost totally...

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Had a look at some of the new models at the local AD, and very much unimpressed... So sad to have a brand that appeals to so many people because of their history and then lose that client base almost totally...

When rep factories stop repping your brand because there is not enough demand you know you're in trouble

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
When rep factories stop repping your brand because there is not enough demand you know you're in trouble

Unless the factory told you or someone reasonably reliable like a TD, the exact reason for stopping replication is all conjecture though. Basing a brand's success/failure on it's replication status is not really fair. Look at Omega, it is as popular as ever, yet the factories don't make the Ploprof anymore even though it would sell like hotcakes...:(

Reactions: LEBLANC

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Very good news for the navy blue rubber :)
thanks for the information !

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Unless the factory told you or someone reasonably reliable like a TD, the exact reason for stopping replication is all conjecture though. Basing a brand's success/failure on it's replication status is not really fair. Look at Omega, it is as popular as ever, yet the factories don't make the Ploprof anymore even though it would sell like hotcakes...:(

This is coming from ZF via Angus, reliable enough for you?

Reactions: LEBLANC

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
This is coming from ZF via Angus, reliable enough for you?

Ah, so it's just one factory and not even a major PAM rep factory at that. Although Angus is probably the most reliable source out there, ZF has been almost a non-entity for PAMs for a few years already. I believe they don't make many PAM reps because historically they were getting beaten in the rep market by the other factories on PAM reps (some in recent memory are the PAM671 and the PAM682). And if your rep gets beaten it doesn't sell and in the end, it's all about the money for factories. As a business, ZF probably doesn't want to make a huge loss and so is content on releasing 1-2 models compared to VSF and XF But it has nothing to do with the brand popularity, it's just good business sense for ZF.

LEBLANC

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/3/17
I bought online one leather strap in September, all fine with the shipment and now the Luminor looks completely different with the gen strap. The rep one was so rep ;)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I bought online one leather strap in September, all fine with the shipment and now the Luminor looks completely different with the gen strap. The rep one was so rep ;)

Straps and buckles were available for purchase from their E-Boutique from maybe a year ago. The one that's new is that Panerai is selling watches on its own site. Honestly, aside from the Assolutamente and caoutchouc (rubber) straps, everything else is just merely provided so that you can have something attached to the watch so you can wear it immediately. :) Also we have a saying....

:ttiwwop:

LEBLANC

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/3/17
mysterio Here are the pictures of the CALF STRAP BLACK ASSOLUTAMENTE 26/22 assembled on Destro ;)
sGcgo.md.jpg
sGCVI.md.jpg