• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM00920 Replica L’Astronomo 1950 GMT

Antikythera1

Looking Around
11/9/18
Does anyone have a replica Panerai 1950 L’Astronomo Equation of Time Moon Phase GMT, and if so where can a good one be located? One that has at least some of the originals complications other than just hour, minute and second hands. Thank you, Dale

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Good luck. There was a jankity one released a couple of years ago. Nowhere close to gen, with faux indicators and is likely out of stock. With the lack of interest in Panerai as of late, saving $10 a day to buy the gen might be a faster avenue to satisfying your request.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Good luck. There was a jankity one released a couple of years ago. Nowhere close to gen, with faux indicators and is likely out of stock. With the lack of interest in Panerai as of late, saving $10 a day to buy the gen might be a faster avenue to satisfying your request.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Right, some luck and some reading would have opened the OP's eyes to what has been possible in reps and to temper his expectations.

Antikythera1

Looking Around
11/9/18
The genuine watch in question here cost on the order of $200,000 which is why I asked about a replica. I can see now this board is full of a bunch of smart asses and probably kids still living in their parents basement. I won’t be posting again.

Wraithier

19/6/16
The genuine watch in question here cost on the order of $200,000 which is why I asked about a replica. I can see now this board is full of a bunch of smart asses and probably kids still living in their parents basement. I won’t be posting again.

You yourself just indicated the problem with your post. "The genuine watch in question here cost on the order of $200,000" but you want "some of the originals complications other than just hour, minute and second hands." You are not going to find a rep of a $200,000 watch with working complications for the $500 - $600 cost of a rep. You'd be lucky to find something that looks the part.

You are getting the "smart ass" responses because if you had spent only 10-15 minutes of reading the forums you would have been able to determine for yourself that a decent rep of a watch like this isn't something you're going to be able to find. Then you'd also have found the Panerai section of the forums with some really great reps that are more realistic.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12

My response to your question was not in any way derisive -- although I will grant it is difficult to sense levity via text alone. If I may provide analysis in order to assist:

Good luck. This is a nice start. Its encouraging. If there is one out there, I will acknowledge that I have not found it. Perhaps you can? Go west young man.

There was a jankity one released a couple of years ago. Fact-based reply. There is one which has been released and was jankity, e.g. not good and perhaps not worth your hard-earned dollars.

Nowhere close to gen, with faux indicators and is likely out of stock. Admittedly discouraging. But what's the point of buying something with this description? Refer to point one about westward exploration ...

With the lack of interest in Panerai as of late, saving $10 a day to buy the gen might be a faster avenue to satisfying your request. More facts! Panerai is losing its luster to the rep factories. Perhaps you know this. Maybe you didn't. If your desire is to have the functions of the gen, $10/day=$300/mo=$3,600/year=55 years=$200,000 and your prized L'Astronimo. I'd be willing to bet 55 years is faster than a 1:1 replication of this particular model. Again, this seems encouraging given that it is a solution and not mindless belly aching.

Now its to the point where I just feel sorry for your (a) lack of ability or willingness to spend a little time chasing the unicorn you so desperately covet; (b) lack of appreciation for not only the art of horology but the art of replication; and, (c) getting butt-hurt so easily.

10 Hail Mary's and 5 lashes and you should be rehabilitated to enter the world haha.

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13

Another case for Tucker

9ce.gif