• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 904 coming

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
you know if you press the red button on the caliper it will tell you the measurement on the display ?

it seems like that the battery went out at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
I am also looking for 42mm panerai.
There are 676 which is 13.5mm thichkess. But it's out of stock I think.

Reactions: vcappp

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
I am also looking for 42mm panerai.
There are 676 which is 13.5mm thichkess. But it's out of stock I think.

According to Angus, there's a 676 V2 coming at some point. Hopefully they'll get the sunburst dial right, and the thickness a little closer to gen.

That's the main thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on a 904; I'm a sucker for that ecru lume.

Reactions: verno75 and vcappp

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
According to Angus, there's a 676 V2 coming at some point. Hopefully they'll get the sunburst dial right, and the thickness a little closer to gen.

That's the main thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on a 904; I'm a sucker for that ecru lume.
Actually, according to Angus the makers are no longer working on new Pam models anymore :(

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

freefallrlc

21/6/15
I thought the usual rep movements are currently all too large to fit into the slim case?

verno75

Renowned Member
4/6/12
Charm City

I’m a tad late to this thread...any new info from Angus as to when we can expect the 676 V2?

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
I’m a tad late to this thread...any new info from Angus as to when we can expect the 676 V2?

I've asked him a few times, but he said V6F aren't really divulging what they're working on or their timelines. Since he initially mentioned the V2, he's informed us that ZF have stopped developing new PAMs, and that the factories in general aren't paying much attention to the brand.

Given that, I'm not sure if we'll ever see a V2 :(

drmckenn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
13/11/15
I just tried a 904 gen on as well. Really good fit - especially the thickness. I have 6 7/8 inch Wrist and the 44 way too big. The regular 42mm Pams fit - but very top heavy - and that made them move around too much when I move my arm. The 904 fits just right. Even better than the 40mm pam which moves around on me due to the thickness.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I just tried a 904 gen on as well. Really good fit - especially the thickness. I have 6 7/8 inch Wrist and the 44 way too big. The regular 42mm Pams fit - but very top heavy - and that made them move around too much when I move my arm. The 904 fits just right. Even better than the 40mm pam which moves around on me due to the thickness.

PAMs are meant to wear big. They are not sized like Rolex or Omega. A 44mm should look fine on a wrist of your size. But I guess it comes down to how you feel about wearing watches, just telling you that size proportion is not the same for all brands.

drmckenn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
13/11/15
That’s good advice. It is all about the “feel”. If you’re used to Rolex / omega style (40mm diameter and medium thickness) how long does it typically take to get accustomed to the Pams much more substantial size? Anyone able to comment on making the transition successfully or trying and ultimately deciding that Pams weren’t for them?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Fit, like taste is a very subjective matter. Some people can make the transition from one brand to another, adjust for the differences in how the watch wears. Some absolutely cannot. While the rest can only adjust up to a certain point. One person's experience cannot directly translate to another. So I would suggest trying out a second hand PAM from M2M (currently the fastest way because of the Chinese New Year) with the size that you probably would be most likely to wear. It also will depend on the wrist size somewhat, although I have 16cm wrists and 47mm PAM subs suit me (again, that's just me) fine. But I also have 44mm PAMs. :)