• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The PAMily // La PAMilia

Status
Not open for further replies.

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
Six special watches when Panerai still knew how to make a real “SUBMERSIBLE”. The last release despite being interesting have lost the true PAM DNA :/

Agree with you. I have the older subs and my favorite is the 24 ( I have a gen 1024 to prove my affection for the model). While the newest subs are visually exciting they are different. I also hate the p.9010 having no quick set date.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Agree with you. I have the older subs and my favorite is the 24 ( I have a gen 1024 to prove my affection for the model). While the newest subs are visually exciting they are different. I also hate the p.9010 having no quick set date.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have intentionally left out the 024 & 199 that I have as well. They are nice (as all PAMs are) but for me the one from the SUB box are superior in looks. The same goes for the Carbotech (616 & 979 that I have). Have to see what will be the feeling with the 961 (still hesitating to buy, some photos appear the green to be lemon green and I don’t know if it’s correct as per gen or not). For me the movement is not something that would make me say I don’t like one vs the other. It’s more about aesthetics, wrist appearance. The 194 would fit the above box of 6 in a perfect way, pity they are sold out. 671 & 382 for sure one day will be incl. in this “perfect” PAM SUB box

Reactions: Hemaniaco

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
50 pcs. are curently with me at home so I thought it would be nice to make a video compilation of watch rolls..

Some more pcs. are on my watchamker’s bench and there are some in the post. Finally there are some ongoing negotiations to buy more of these bad boys..

Enjoy!

Last edited:

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Wristie photo collage (click on the photo for full resolution)

2-BA42016-9614-49-C7-83-EB-3-C0889-B12-EB7.png

Last edited:

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Beautiful! But nothing happens when I click on the individual photos...

It’s one photo. Sometimes if the format/size in MB is too big it doesn’t appear in good quality on the forum. This is why I wrote to click on it for a better resolution collage photo with 50 pcs. on. No single photos avail on the link

aaa_bda

Known Member
26/6/19
It’s one photo. Sometimes if the format/size in MB is too big it doesn’t appear in good quality on the forum. This is why I wrote to click on it for a better resolution collage photo with 50 pcs. on. No single photos avail on the link

Got it, stunning collection mate!

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Fantastic collection! Jealous of a few of them????

Thank you..
It’s pretty easy to find good deals, all you have to do is spend 24/7 in the m2m section (forget about family and friends except it is not a payment by paypal, forget about work & social life).

Good luck in your hunt!

Carbonara

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/19
Old Blighty
Wristie photo collage (click on the photo for full resolution)

2-BA42016-9614-49-C7-83-EB-3-C0889-B12-EB7.png

Ow WOW!

How did I not spot this thread before?! (I’ve been loitering in the ‘sharks pool’ too much on here obviously ;))

50 gorgeous medals of effort and passion!
You have an equally beautiful collection of choice straps too, which is half the joy.

For any watch enthusiast, let alone a pam fan, visiting your house must be an absolute joy. An all round better experience even than a Panerai boutique, I’m sure. For you, everyday.
Kudos to that, and you!

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Ow WOW!

How did I not spot this thread before?! (I’ve been loitering in the ‘sharks pool’ too much on here obviously ;))

50 gorgeous medals of effort and passion!
You have an equally beautiful collection of choice straps too, which is half the joy.

For any watch enthusiast, let alone a pam fan, visiting your house must be an absolute joy. An all round better experience even than a Panerai boutique, I’m sure. For you, everyday.
Kudos to that, and you!

Thank you for your kind words.
Since nowhere near where I live are any rep collectors I do a GTG with myself every couple of weeks, usually when it is a nice sunny day over the weekend and I practice making some nice group photos. Sometimes I succeed to make something nice but most of the time I don’t :D

Straps and PAM’s go hand in hand. I have another ~30 pcs. of straps in the drawers waiting for their time to be attached to a watch. To cut the story short, it’s a disease or addiction, call it as you wish.

Hope to see soon some of your collection as well!
Enjoy this amazing hobby..

Carbonara

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/19
Old Blighty
Since nowhere near where I live are any rep collectors I do a GTG with myself every couple of weeks.....

....To cut the story short, it’s a disease or addiction, call it as you wish.

A regular GTG sounds good, even if on your tod, break out the canapés and champagne, or at least a good beer or maybe just fresh Italian coffee ????

Addicting for sure, definitely not a disease. I call it wholesome.
We all should absolutely fill our lives with what we want and love, and the pursuit of it. Whatever form. Life is brief, indulge it, with no regrets, no apologies. Our time is now.

Here’s a well proven mathematical formula I came across:

P = n + 1

Where P = number of Panerai needed and n = number of Panerai in your current collection.

This not only can’t be refuted, but also can be quoted as circumstantial evidence in the occasional matrimonial induced defence :D

As for me, long day, so I’m off now to the FS section,

and I need another watch box....!

Reactions: dadog13 and Olavmol

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Straps! I have ~100 pcs. from different strapmakers, known and unknown. Different leather type, different colors, texture,..as we speak I have another 15 pcs. on the way.

Here are some of them..

Jitapon

9/3/17
Thailand
Straps! I have ~100 pcs. from different strapmakers, known and unknown. Different leather type, different colors, texture,..as we speak I have another 15 pcs. on the way.

Here are some of them..

Absolutely outstanding collection V.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Absolutely outstanding collection V.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Thank you! I am still waiting for you to take the camera and shoot your complete PAM collection ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.