• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cannot seem to find a Noob Pam372 Rep. Discontinued?

luminorfan

Horology Curious
26/9/18
Hi all,

Cannot seem to find the Pam372 Noob version anywhere. I have been contacting TD's, other members and Googling for a while now and nothing.

I have seen Super Clone, ZF and KW versions but Noob is nowhere to be found.

Is it hopeless to keep searching for the noob one? I am not sure if it's discontinued or just sold out everywhere because of its popularity.

If not Noob, which other version (KW, XF or Super Clone) is the closest to Gen in terms of the dial and the front look (Not super worried about the movement since people will be seeing the dial on my wrist anyways)?

The general consensus here is that the Noob is the better version but is there a close second?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
To my eyes the differences between the various factories on these PAM super-reps are almost academic.

In many occasions I have purchased the watch that looked better on picture reviews, only to find that in real life the finish etc was not as good as the other factory release

Read reviews in the ZF / KW etc. They look like excellent watches to me.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Ahhhhh, don’t know how I missed the Fidy. Wonder if this is Noob getting back into Pam reps or swan song to their earlier days.

We can only speculate. They produced a lot of super reps, some of which were never produced by the other factories, or they were done by H-factory but they have gone the way of the dodo, so the market is prime pickings for them. It's just a combination of dials, movements and cases. But the question is, are their subfactories still operational? Time will tell.

nvrp813

Known Member
3/9/18
USA
We can only speculate. They produced a lot of super reps, some of which were never produced by the other factories, or they were done by H-factory but they have gone the way of the dodo, so the market is prime pickings for them. It's just a combination of dials, movements and cases. But the question is, are their subfactories still operational? Time will tell.

I really hope they are. I know they have a lot of money tied into their Daytona movement, and Rolex reps are more than likely their best selling, but IMO their 111 and 005 are the gold standards for PAM reps. I can only imagine how well a Noob PAM911 would sell.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I really hope they are. I know they have a lot of money tied into their Daytona movement, and Rolex reps are more than likely their best selling, but IMO their 111 and 005 are the gold standards for PAM reps. I can only imagine how well a Noob PAM911 would sell.

Unfortunately our imagined profits is no match for actual profits coming in from the Noob Rolexes. They've updated the Daytonas twice already and the Subs are on version 9.

rogwai

Horology Curious
8/7/18
ah, you guys are terrible at staying on topic. hehe anyway, I'm on the same goosehunt as you OP, to no avail. The pam372 versions from ZF and SF have wrong colour pinion and hands, it is a dead giveaway. Noob is the only one with the correct colour of the pinion/hands and engravings. I'm just stunned that the most popular Panerai model (which def. is the 372 nowadays) still doesn't have a super replica.

luminorfan

Horology Curious
26/9/18
So here is an update on the issue. Unfortunately, Noob is not making PAM372 anymore and none of the TD's seems to have it in stock. The only option seems like M2M sales. The four available options TDs have at the moment are Super Clone, ZF, SF, and KW.

I found one from a member and I am very happy with the M2M purchase. If you are looking to buy one keep an eye on Pistolpete6 offer.

Here is my first impression of Noob PAM372:

First thing I realized is that the engravings "Luminor Panerai" on the dial don't have that dept I keep seeing on online photos. Genuine ones seem to have that shadow effect because of the engraving depth when you take photos or look at the watch from an angle. On the Noob one, it almost seems to be flat and I cannot really tell if it has a depth or not.

Another thing I found needs getting used to is the plexiglass. It had some very small micro scratches that kind of bothered me but I was able to clean that up in 2 minutes with a Cape Cod cloth. A miracle solution for polishing the case as well as getting rid of micro scratches on the plexiglass.

I also own a Genuine Pam112 and I am extremely happy with it. The 44mm size doesn't bother me at all and it goes well with a weekend casual look as well as business casual work environment. However, Pam372 seems to be on the bigger side of watches. If you are interested in it and never tried one I suggest you start with a replica to test it out and see if you like it on your wrist. My first impression is that 47mm needs getting used to and If I purchased the real thing for $9K I would probably be stressed out a bit since every time I look at the mirror I am trying to figure out if it's too big or not. I never experienced this with my Pam112 (It felt like a perfect fit from thr beginning). I am wearing the Pam372 to work today and it kind of seems a tad too big for the occasion.

Last edited:

Jdibs28

Horology Curious
18/7/17
I know that this is my first post here and I'm still (even after a year) so very new to the idea and use of forums, but I think everything I've pieced together, the Noob 372 would be the perfect first rep for me. Does anyone know how to get in touch with someone who has one and would be willing to let it go? I'd gladly pay over what others seem to have sold theirs for. Thank you all again for allowing me to use this space and this forum. I hope to contribute much more to it now that it has finally peaked my interest again.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I know that this is my first post here and I'm still (even after a year) so very new to the idea and use of forums, but I think everything I've pieced together, the Noob 372 would be the perfect first rep for me. Does anyone know how to get in touch with someone who has one and would be willing to let it go? I'd gladly pay over what others seem to have sold theirs for. Thank you all again for allowing me to use this space and this forum. I hope to contribute much more to it now that it has finally peaked my interest again.

As the factory has stopped making this watch, your only chance would be the dealers who may have bought these in bulk. That said, only the dealers would know this. So you'll have to ask them one by one. No one will do it for you. Good luck.

rogwai

Horology Curious
8/7/18
I did follow your advice, Mysterio, but no success. Conclusion: the noob version is gone, people.
Any indication that any other factory will pick up production on this model? It's the most popular PAM, it baffles me that there's no close rep available.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I did follow your advice, Mysterio, but no success. Conclusion: the noob version is gone, people.
Any indication that any other factory will pick up production on this model? It's the most popular PAM, it baffles me that there's no close rep available.

Well Noob abandoned almost all PAM production several months after the release of the PAM372. H-fac made one but it wasn't very good. ZF and SF might still have stock at the TDs who may have bought them in bulk..

rogwai

Horology Curious
8/7/18
Well Noob abandoned almost all PAM production several months after the release of the PAM372. H-fac made one but it wasn't very good. ZF and SF might still have stock at the TDs who may have bought them in bulk..

Yeah ZF is still available and it's definitely decent, however the glass shape is not correct which is the best part of the 372. Ahh well I'll just get the gen after EOY bonus which was the plan anyway. Thanks for the assist though!

pkw2704

22/7/13
Wow, no noob 372.......prices should go up for the ones that appear in sales corner as its a great watch,my noob made me buy the real thing and there aint much in it front view

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Wow, no noob 372.......prices should go up for the ones that appear in sales corner as its a great watch,my noob made me buy the real thing and there aint much in it front view

Well IMHO, it should not (and even then considering how cheap the Noob PAM372 was a small price increase to account for the "rarity" should not put it over a similarly classified, but more worthy PAM from the same factory like the PAM111). Although classified as a super rep, the movement still leaves a lot to be desired. Let's not give the current owners any crazy ideas.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Lol, Understood,although a solid caseback looks good on the 372

Well considering the movement on the noob, I don't doubt that. :lol: But I don't think I've seen a gen use a solid caseback. Or I've just not been interested enough to look. It could happen, with the number of PAM372 watches sold by OP.