• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 438 vsf v2 or v3 ?? Any reviews , thoughts??

Barcapopo

Horology Curious
26/8/18
Looking at the vsf Pam 438 .. there’s a v3 on trustytime . Has anyone bought ? Any reviews on this version? How does it compare to v2? thnx!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I'm sure there are people who have bought the latest PAM438 but none of them have posted a review. Some treat the V6F release as V1 and so the one on Trusty is called a V3. The only difference I can tell based on ad copy is the movement.
V1 (V6F) - A7750 with decorative plates to look like P.9001/B
V2 (VSF) - Superclone P.9001 with correct 12 hr GMT and gen like function
V3 (VSF) - Blackened portion behind balance wheel

Some sites only count the versions released by VSF and so call it the V2. But the main distinction is the blackened portion behind the balance wheel @7. Previously it was just exposed steel which detracted from the gen look.

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
This is probably one of the easiest matinence free replicas to own. My TD advertised it as a VSF v2, 12hr GMT with blacked out movement including the rear of the balance.

Since there are no stick markers, really you only have to worry about getting one with a nice centerd date wheel. It's also top loading, so if there is any missed dust under the dial, you can easily remove the top and take care of dust issues your self.

The bracelet can be a little of a pain to size. The ceramic can crack if you hit the vice you're using the wrong angle..

IMG_20180917_034107812_2.jpg

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
And the end links where the bracelet meet the lugs can tend to pop off and need to be stuck back on with 2 part epoxy.