• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Panerai Radiomir 1940 Art Deco Dial

Phil G

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
Nice looking Gen'

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/p...troducing?mc_cid=8d9c52ebc7&mc_eid=25256b9520

panerai_h.jpg

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Really cool — I’d love to see it repped. nycrounders commissioned a couple last year ...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
No way, this is really not my cup of tea

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
With a gloss black strap and an ivory jacket, this would be a great addition to the summer black tie wardrobe. Or even a daily beater at the office. Absolutely kills the tool watch look though ...

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
Saw it in the Paneristi group on Facebook yesterday... Apparently a clock in El Chapo had the exact same face:

bNVk79
hhh.jpg

vrNDX.jpg

Reactions: nalomb

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Oh come on! no. You can't have this typography with those lugs, it's almost funny.
And then read that is 47mm... named radiomir? why?
No no no. I like to see panerai been experimental, i like breaking rules but this... looks low cultured.
I 'm only interested how they decide to present it. No need to be replicated. If anyone likes it, can print a dial without "radiomir" and enjoy it.

bicska

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/7/18
Oh come on! no. You can't have this typography with those lugs, it's almost funny.
And then read that is 47mm... named radiomir? why?
No no no. I like to see panerai been experimental, i like breaking rules but this... looks low cultured.
I 'm only interested how they decide to present it. No need to be replicated. If anyone likes it, can print a dial without "radiomir" and enjoy it.

Couldn't agree more. No lume, no sandwich dial, a plane standard, non-panerai-specific art-deco dial design on a Radiomir case.

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
It oddly works imo, and looks quite nice to me. It really isn't a Panerai in any way but the dial and the case do look good together. At 47mm though it's a bit silly as the dial is more or less a dress watch.

Reactions: Phil G

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Saw it in the Paneristi group on Facebook yesterday... Apparently a clock in El Chapo had the exact same face:

:rofl::rofl:

Looks like Darren the intern strikes again. I'd have thought his last effort would've officially made him persona non grata, but I guess good help is hard to find. Maybe he makes a helluva cup of coffee ...

Reactions: Phil G

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
:rofl::rofl:

Looks like Darren the intern strikes again. I'd have thought his last effort would've officially made him persona non grata, but I guess good help is hard to find. Maybe he makes a helluva cup of coffee ...

Man this one looks nice, didn't know about this one. Nice.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Man this one looks nice, didn't know about this one. Nice.

This was a pretty polarizing model when it came out at SIHH in 2016. The reference is 650, but it more popularly came as part of the 786 boxed set with the PVD Destro 649.

I like the idea that Panerai was going with here, but in my mind it was so terribly executed that releasing an intern's submission is the only logical conclusion to why it ever saw the light of day. Hence, Darren fucks it up again with the art deco retread. He needs to get back to Kramerica Industries and perfect that bladder system ...

Reactions: PeterRei

PeterRei

28/12/12
but in my mind it was so terribly executed that releasing an intern's submission is the only logical conclusion to why it ever saw the light of day.
So true. and they even screwed it up with Sly, who was pretty upset that his design was taken without asking him...
By the way, it's ugly as hell