• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 718 - Mainspring and barrel

alexdazio

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/18
Hi to everybody,

I bought a PAM 711 a few months ago. Beautiful watch, by the way, sporty and elegant at the same time.

Unfortunately, its mainspring broke recently (when you try to wind the watch, it sounds like the mainspring is being put under tension then unwinding itself).

According to some TD sites (here, for example: https://puretime.io/pam718-s-xf-bes...ornia-dial-on-black-leather-strap-p-1000.html) the base movement is Asian 23J (hand-winding)

I do not want to send the watch back to China for repairs for obvious reasons (costs, time, customs etc.) and I was wondering if it is possible to find somewhere a replacement mainspring and barrel (a local watchmaker could install them for me). Is there any site selling compatible spare parts?

Thank you for your help!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Have you asked the TDs if they can source the parts (or at least the movement) for you?

alexdazio

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/18
Have you asked the TDs if they can source the parts (or at least the movement) for you?

Yes, I did. I am waiting for a reply but factories, sometime, behave strangely. So, I would like to find an alternative source, just in case.