• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai Due - Full Lineup (Will they be repped?)

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Much like many others, i am quite interested in this line. I know that two reps were released a while back but i dont recall if they were any good. So wanted to know if there has been any movement (or will there be any progress) for these models - specifically on the 45mm line:

Base 45mm PAM 674 / 675 / 729

42mm-pams-1-300x126.jpg

Due with Date: PAM943

pam_943_panerai_luminor_due_45mm.png

Panerai-Luminor-Due-3-Days-Automatic-Pam00943-Sihh-2018-5.jpg

Panerai-Luminor-Due-3-Days-Automatic-Pam00943-Sihh-2018-1.jpg

Reactions: silverclaw

thrillofhunt

Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Some Dues have been repeased. But none are up to par YET

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Its the microrotor with the date man -- The 572 wasn't met with much fanfare in the rep world, but I think its pretty damned astonishing they got the movement as close as they did, albeit with the noise. The Luminor Due is essentially the 1940's Radiomir case with a crown guard slapped on so it shouldn't be THAT big of a deal. But for some reason new and improved releases of already released PAM models have dominated the market this year rather than true new model efforts. Perhaps that will change ...

The 963 is a gorgeous piece and with the efforts for thinner movements with AP, PP and JLC this year, its not inconceivable that those improvements could be translated to these Due models ...

Reactions: vcappp

Ruski91

12/10/12
Its the microrotor with the date man -- The 572 wasn't met with much fanfare in the rep world, but I think its pretty damned astonishing they got the movement as close as they did, albeit with the noise. The Luminor Due is essentially the 1940's Radiomir case with a crown guard slapped on so it shouldn't be THAT big of a deal. But for some reason new and improved releases of already released PAM models have dominated the market this year rather than true new model efforts. Perhaps that will change ...

The 963 is a gorgeous piece and with the efforts for thinner movements with AP, PP and JLC this year, its not inconceivable that those improvements could be translated to these Due models ...

Thats what i was thinking as well. With the new Patek micro rotor movement coming (or released already??) i was hoping this would lead us into the possibility of the new PAM943. I think it would really sell well.

puretime any thoughts or insight?

itzik217

Known Member
17/7/18
+1 on this one. I also think the PAM00943 will sell great, if they can come somewhat close to that patek movement. Time will tell i guess. I also like the new duo lineup with the Chinese FU symbol engraving on the back case. That one almost convinced my wife to get one (the real one...) so I have bought some time with a hope some reputable factories will step up to the plate. I know a lot of women would want that one, no doubt!

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Is this the first model with the beveled date aperture? My memory may be fuzzy, but I don't recall seeing that before ...

Ruski91

12/10/12
Is this the first model with the beveled date aperture? My memory may be fuzzy, but I don't recall seeing that before ...

I think it might be. Usually with PAMs its just a straight cutout in the dial right? First time i have seen it on a PAM for sure

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
It appears the beveled aperture has made its debut on the 943 & 944 -- I cannot find it on any other model in the panoply of Panerai haha.

One interesting note -- and I realize this is more of a subjective / aesthetic preference -- but for only $1,000 more, you can slap a GMT, AM/PM indicator and power reserve subdial on the 943 and make it a 944. You can make the argument that its worth paying for "elegant simplicity," but how can you add that much hardware for that cheap??

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
It appears the beveled aperture has made its debut on the 943 & 944 -- I cannot find it on any other model in the panoply of Panerai haha.

One interesting note -- and I realize this is more of a subjective / aesthetic preference -- but for only $1,000 more, you can slap a GMT, AM/PM indicator and power reserve subdial on the 943 and make it a 944. You can make the argument that its worth paying for "elegant simplicity," but how can you add that much hardware for that cheap??

Makes you think how inflated the 933 price is :)

Reactions: Nivka

Ruski91

12/10/12
Someone's getting hosed haha

Thats why we buy the rep boys. Lux watches like these with relatively simple movemements are incredibly over priced. We are not talking about intricacies that exist in the FP Journe or ALS watches.

peterpl

24/7/11
I would buy a 943 immediately if they repped it well.

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
I think it might be. Usually with PAMs its just a straight cutout in the dial right? First time i have seen it on a PAM for sure
sbf/vsf quarranta cuatros have beveled date aperture... +1 on the 943 9 due...grey anthracite with dirty tan lume in 45mm size is to die for, would buy in a heartbeat