• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Timegrapher reading.

Billybilly

Horology Curious
5/4/18
Hi guys! This is my first rep & I just got my qc pics and as far as I can tell (after over an hour zooming in and comparing everything) everything looks fine, albeit to an untrained eye.

There is only one thing bugging me, the timegrapher (if that's the proper name). It's at 16.0s/d which seems like a lot to me. Other reps have been under 10s/d so I don't know if this is a big deal or what. Maybe it's because it's hand wound and they didn't wind it enough? I don't know. So your experienced advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I know I'm not supposed to post QC pics here, but if a couple of you guys would like to take a look at my pics for a second opinion that would be awesome. Can we pm on this forum?

Reactions: catana1981

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Billybilly the TD's are not adjusting the movement, just showing you it is working well. This means it will gain or lose 16 seconds per day. That is less than 1 second per hour. No big deal. Also, you can have it sent out once you get it to have it regulated to a better +/- per day. Otherwise you are in good shape. What movement is it?

Reactions: Billybilly

Billybilly

Horology Curious
5/4/18
Thanks for your reply.

When you say "send out" you mean take it to a watchmaker ?

​​Would you like to see it? It's a noob v4 111. So with a "Platinum plated Asian UNITAS-6497-2 21600vph".
Here is the imgur link
​​​

itzik217

Known Member
17/7/18
Who is the TD that you've dealt with? I'm looking around for 111 v4 for a while and was tinkering in and out of buying one...

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Reactions: Billybilly

Billybilly

Horology Curious
5/4/18
From puretime. I tried intime and chazingtime but puretime were like waaay faster on replying (like in a few hours compared to 3-5 days for the otjers) so I went with them.